Moto GP 2016.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.

Moto GP 2016.

Well, George has started the season at Dubai - with a win from pole, but he had to wrest the lead back from the
quite competitive Ducatis..

MM could not beat Dovi for 2nd step on the box, but did keep Rossi off it.. with fast starting Pedro fading to 5th..

The new control Michelin tyres & fixed/spec ECU both appear to be a factor in performance, as predicted, early on..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

Re: Moto GP 2016.

Didn´t see it! :evil:

But from the comments I heard in the radio, it looks like Ducati is finally a real contender.... True or exageration?

What an awesome season it would be if Honda, Yamaha and Ducati can fight for the crown

Starscreamer

Moto 3:
Antonelli 1e =D>

MotoGP
I am not a Lorenzo fan please let Rossi beat him. [-o<

Hope to see a nice competition this year
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

bauc

Great first race of the season, I think we are going to be see a historic season =D>
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Shrieker

Looking at here Ducati is racing with no concessions, so looks like they're finally competitive. Too bad maniac joe fell, judging where Dovi ended the race, Iannone would definitely have challenged Lorenzo. I wonder whether their upturn in from has anything to do with Stoner testing the bike.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

OO7
OO7

Andres125sx wrote:Didn´t see it! :evil:

But from the comments I heard in the radio, it looks like Ducati is finally a real contender.... True or exageration?
It has been said that the Qatar Losail circuit has always been a strong venue for the Ducati's, so we will have to see how the rest of the season unfolds. Never the less it was an impressive performance.

Andres125sx

thanks blaze, that´s an important point

hehe, just watched Lorenzo gesture. Not sure if love it or hate it :mrgreen:

J.A.W.

Andres125sx wrote:thanks blaze, that´s an important point

hehe, just watched Lorenzo gesture. Not sure if love it or hate it :mrgreen:
Then "Zip it!" - as the gesture indicated..

It's not like he'd swiped his thumb backwards across his throat, in a more ah, vicious, gesture..

I recall an infamous America's Cup response from race winner Dennis Connor..

" Get off the stage, loser.!"

Not that V.R. actually made a spot on the stage at Qatar - as such..

( & the smile visible on Casey Stoner's face - does IMO, indicate that his recent Ducati input - is bearing fruit)..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Juzh

Shrieker wrote:Looking at here Ducati is racing with no concessions, so looks like they're finally competitive. Too bad maniac joe fell, judging where Dovi ended the race, Iannone would definitely have challenged Lorenzo. I wonder whether their upturn in from has anything to do with Stoner testing the bike.
Lorenzo pulled out 0.8s over marquez in a signle lap as soon as he got into 2nd place. Doubtful iannone would be able to challenge him.

Disappointed with pedrosa. He had a good ending to 2015 season, but in qatar he was simply slow troughout and not a threat at all for top placings.
Rossi picked it up where he left it last year. Good, but not good enough to beat lorenzo. He didn't even try anything in the race, which is most surprising. Contempt with just sitting pretty in 4th.

bdr529

I finely got around to watching the race last night, wasn't a bad race at all,
would've been nice to see what Marquez and Rossi could've done with the softer rear tire,
they might have been in a better position to fight for the lead.
I'm looking forward to see how Viñales gets on, and how the Suzuki progresses this year,
though I was a little disappointed in seeing him make a meal out of the front row start.
The Ducati's look good, no problem sailing past Lorenzo on the front straight, they still got the extra grunt
Iannone going down kind of spoiled what might have been a real good battle up front and a good finish for the team

With everyone on new tires this year and the change in the electronics , I think it's going to take a few races to see were everything shakes out, luckily for us that should happen soon with 2 more races in the next 3 weeks

Cold Fussion

Andres125sx wrote:Didn´t see it! :evil:

What an awesome season it would be if Honda, Yamaha and Ducati can fight for the crown
Ducati looked the real deal in Qatar in 2015 as well, as we know they ended up basically no where.

RicME85

Michelin has withdrawn both rear tyre compounds that have been in use during the Argentina MotoGP weekend, and will instead introduce a new construction of tyre for Sunday’s race.

Pramac Ducati rider Scott Redding’s rear tyre delaminated during fourth practice at Turn 6, causing the session to be stopped twice and prompting concerns about the suitability of Michelin’s medium compound rear around the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit.

The incident was reminiscent of Loris Baz’s blowout during the Sepang test in February, which occurred at high speed and led to a heavy crash for the Frenchman.

Michelin said it would investigate the incident, and following a consultation with team bosses, race direction and IRTA after qualifying, the French firm has decided to withdraw both its medium and hard compound rear tyres from use.

A new type of rear tyre – with a stiffer construction but the same compound as the medium, and which was recently tested by former MotoGP rider Colin Edwards in Qatar – will now be mandatory for all riders.

As such, an extra 30 minute warm-up session will be added to the schedule for Sunday morning to help the riders acclimatise to the new rubber.

Shrieker

Maniac Joe is maniac does.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Shrieker

On a side note, thank god we had MotoGP this weekend. F1 was a snorefest...
-Atatürk

bdr529

#-o