Moto GP 2016.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
ClarkBT11

Re: Moto GP 2016.

GPR-A wrote:Absolute brain dead race by Rossi !!! What was he thinking, while not pitting? It was a no brainer to change the bike as soon as the dry line started appearing. MM did and he was blindingly fast. Rossi and Lorenzo did the same brain fade last year too and MM had won back then too.

Lorenzo was a disaster. Has he given up OR Yamaha is screwing him for leaving them. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
None of the leading pack thought anyone would be on slicks. They weren't to know Marquez was gaining 9 seconds a lap :shock: Radio communication could be beneficial in that scenario.

Lorenzo is struggling with the tyres they don't have the edge grip of the Bridgestone he crashes in most practices then has no confidence in pushing. I noticed he wasn't using his new shark helmet in the race, maybe the fin on the back could move his head in turbulent wind or he's broke all of them crashing.

GPR-A duplicate2

ClarkBT11 wrote:None of the leading pack thought anyone would be on slicks. They weren't to know Marquez was gaining 9 seconds a lap :shock: Radio communication could be beneficial in that scenario.
For 3 laps, they kept showing pit board, asking Rossi to box. It was him that didn't trusted the pit wall. Exactly the same thing that he and Lorenzo did last year.

ClarkBT11

GPR-A wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:None of the leading pack thought anyone would be on slicks. They weren't to know Marquez was gaining 9 seconds a lap :shock: Radio communication could be beneficial in that scenario.
For 3 laps, they kept showing pit board, asking Rossi to box. It was him that didn't trusted the pit wall. Exactly the same thing that he and Lorenzo did last year.
I agree the pit board was up for three laps, Yamaha and Rossi didn't have a plan b. Jorge said in the post race interview they didn't discuss what they would do if the track conditions changed.

Honda worked as a team instead of individuals and won.

GPR-A duplicate2

ClarkBT11 wrote:I agree the pit board was up for three laps, Yamaha and Rossi didn't have a plan b. Jorge said in the post race interview they didn't discuss what they would do if the track conditions changed.
Why would you then hire two champions? What is the use of all their years of experiences?

ClarkBT11

GPR-A wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:I agree the pit board was up for three laps, Yamaha and Rossi didn't have a plan b. Jorge said in the post race interview they didn't discuss what they would do if the track conditions changed.
Why would you then hire two champions? What is the use of all their years of experiences?
Did I say they shouldn't hire two world champions?
You can't always be perfect. Hindsight is a great thing you can never use.

Jolle

ClarkBT11 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
The hindsight that you should trust your team in situations like these is... well.. something with not enough trust in the overview of your crew chief

ClarkBT11

Jolle wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:Why would you then hire two champions? What is the use of all their years of experiences?
The hindsight that you should trust your team in situations like these is... well.. something with not enough trust in the overview of your crew chief
They obviously haven't learned from previous experiences. The thing is will they bollock Rossi for not doing as he's told... No he's their money goat.

Sonador

Rossi was also on intermediates on the seccond bike.
While the others were all on slicks apart from Iannone (the maniac) :mrgreen:
That was a mistake from the team i think.

Remember MotoGP have no way of communicating like F1 has, so Rossi and Dovi had no way of knowing that marquez was 5 secconds a lap quicker than any one else.

Andres125sx

ClarkBT11 wrote: Hindsight is a great thing you can never use.
Disagree, it´s called experience and it´s very useful :P

Juzh

ClarkBT11 wrote:Marquez's mechanics handed his second bike to him with the clutch in like the bike was already in first gear, which is not allowed any more. I wonder if they will get investigated.
Bike was not gear.

J.A.W.

Q-positions for Moto GP Austria this Sunday.
1, AI, Duc;
2, VR, Yam;
3, AD, Duc;
4, JL, Yam;
5, MM, Hon.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

J.A.W.

Fast track brought 1st Ducati win for over 1/2 a decade, since Stoner @ Phillip Is.
Racing was fairly processional after initial sorting out/jockeying.

AI took victory from his team mate, followed by the Q-line up ( 'cept Lorenzo took 3rd from VR).

MM did well to get his Honda home in 5th after disloating his shoulder in a Q-crash.

Andres125sx

maybe Lorenzo move to the red team is not that weird after all

And I´m glad to see Suzuki so ´close´ even on a power track like this

What I wonder is, how did Honda renew Pedrosa?

Pierce89

Andres125sx wrote:maybe Lorenzo move to the red team is not that weird after all

And I´m glad to see Suzuki so ´close´ even on a power track like this

What I wonder is, how did Honda renew Pedrosa?
If you watch onboards, the bikes aren't on the throttle that much at allall really
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

J.A.W.

The ability of the rider to best exploit the capability of the machine to put the power down is what makes a champion.
The Michelin rubber has proved problematic for DP to perform this essential function nearly as well as his team mate.

Gigi's acceptance of throttle-control maestro CS's input is bringing winning results for Ducati again, so well done, that team.