ROBORace

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cold Fussion

Re: ROBORace

Diesel wrote:Surely there are huge benefits to the development of driverless cars from this serious? I hope it does go ahead, it's an excellent idea.
I'm no expert but I would imagine by far and away the most difficult challenge of autonomous cars is the mixed human, robotic drivers and not the actual task of autonomous driving.

roon

So you are saying to put Pastor Maldonado on the track with them.

i70q7m7ghw

Cold Fussion wrote:
Diesel wrote:Surely there are huge benefits to the development of driverless cars from this serious? I hope it does go ahead, it's an excellent idea.
I'm no expert but I would imagine by far and away the most difficult challenge of autonomous cars is the mixed human, robotic drivers and not the actual task of autonomous driving.
Well the goal is to have an AI doing the driving, something that can adapt to the situation, rather than just following a program. I assume these robotic racers would only be aware of each other physically and wouldn't share any data. If they could do that, and complete a race without wiping each other out, that's certainly a big step forward in driverless car tech.

SR71

Dialed. Daniel Simon is the man....

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/this-199- ... 1792788547

Cold Fussion

Stef says in one of comments that the battery is rated at 540 kW power output while having a 300 kW motor at each corner. Surely this would have to be charging power limit and not the discharge because why would you have such powerful motors at each corner? Are they expecting some crazy power distributions where they only power the outboard side during cornering or something like that?

Andres125sx

Awesome!

RicME85

It certainly looks great like that, hopefully they can get everything installed and working soon.
I havent seen it but DevBot crashed in Argentina the other weekend. Not exactly great publicity when it happened at a Formula E event :lol:

Andres125sx