Group C car preparation, construction and design study.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
coaster

Group C car preparation, construction and design study.

Hello car enthusiasts, I'm hoping to start a Group C thread with a strong focus on car construction.
Could you please share any links or pictures of Group C cars being prepared, 956, 962, 787b, XJR14, etc.
I'm hoping to build a 'locost' style of kitcar with a focus on mid engine, sheet construction and large rear diffuser using mostly tig welding and aircraft sheet metal techniques. (track day car)

wesley123

Re: Group C car preparation, construction and design study.

Mulsannescorner has quite a lot on those cars
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

coaster

Re: Group C car preparation, construction and design study.

Thanks, google seems to be a good resource. Loosely on topic, I have been drafting up a short wheelbase 962 convertible with the toenail style of windsheild with a flat rear deck.
My rough specs;
2400 wheelbase, 18 x 12 rear, 10 x 12 front, Audi trans, Duratec V6, mx5 front suspension, trailing link rear( which is yet to be finalised), aluminium monocoque, black steel safety cage styled closely to 962.

The real problems are the conformity to Cams rules for 2a closed sports cars and ADR (australian design rules), in order to tarmac rally a car like this in Australia you must build it to conform these 2 rulebooks.
(log booked and street registered)
Not a game ender, except it throws out the notion of building a pure replica, other style elements need to be pasted in from other inspirations, i'm trying to stay porsche borrowing from 9R3 and 2007 spyder.
Headlight heights, door entry heights, rollover access basically kill of headlights on the floor and gullwing door (spewing about the doors!)
A vw kombi restoration could be thrust upon me soon so the design will have heaps of time to brew and be ruminated over.