New Concept RYS Cup

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
GTSeb
GTSeb

New Concept RYS Cup

Hi Everyone

I thought i would create this thread to share opinions on an interesting new concept called the Reiter Young Star Cup. The competition is a sub series within European GT4 between young drivers and engineers. Each RYS team is made up of 2 student engineers, one marketing student, two young driver and a commercial partner.

Drivers score points by having the fastest average lap time whilst students score points on aspects such as fuel and pitstop time. The winning male and female drivers are awarded a seat in the Blancpain Sprint series next season. The winners are supported by the best engineers who are awarded a job as a race engineer.

I am one of the students competing in the competition and have found it an invaluable experience. It would be amazing if this kind of competition could be replicated in other areas.

If anyone would like to get a better flavor of the compition then they should check out our facebook page RYS Team Holinger