The future of racing

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
350plus

The future of racing

I consider motorsports the pinnacle of mechanical technology, in fact it developed the road car during the last century into a fantastic machine, but I believe that the way for motorsports to advance and be useful in this century is to start racing with cars using alternative energies at a competitive level.
What do you guys think of a racing series with loose regulations, allowing great freedom for the engineers ,with the main requirement that the cars should be zero emissions vehicles.

Do you guys believe a formula like that could be successeful?

I personally think that it would be the way to transform those fuel-cell prototypes(all of them not pratical) into real world, cheap fuelled non polluting machines avalible at reasonable prices to the public
(besides, we all know the oil reserves will end someday)

joseff

My geeky side can only love your idea. However, the sponsors don't seem to catch on :(

There already are battery and solar electric car races... try convincing the FIA to sanction them.