Perfect racing - Designing the perfect racing series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Scania
Scania

Re: [Perfect racing] Designing the perfect racing series

Car weight>600kg

allow movable wings

1000cc L4 Turbo Engine, Turbo pressure<1.5bar, engine rpm<9000rpm 1 engine/ 4 round

no fuel refill during race, limite size of fuel tank

only limit the lessest size/weight ratio of energy recover system, no filling energy by other way, no pre-fill energy before race, energy storge system should be work > 4 Round

2 Race in China
4 Race in other place of Asia
3 in Euro
3 in N.American
1 in Austrlia
2 in south american
1 in mid east

total 16 race
====================
3 Oval race
5 street circuit (1 in HK is the best)
5 Road course
3 airport circuit

Conceptual
Conceptual

ernos5 wrote:okay some more ideas maybe

-Possibly V12 limited in engine size maybe 4 or 5 lites.
-twin turbo and or superchargers allowed
-aerodynamic pieces covering front of the wheel not the whole way round other wise it isn't really open wheel racing, more like LeMans style cars
-larger brakes than today's f1 cars
-movable aerodynamic
-OVERALL MAKE THE CARS SOO FAST THAT THE DRIVER IS THE WEAKNESS, MAKE IT THAT THE CAR CAN WITHSTAND ANY SPEED POSSIBLE FOR THE DRIVER TO ENTER THE CORNER AT, MAKE IT SO THAT THE DRIVER GOES AT FAST AS HE CAN UNTIL IT'S HURTS HIM FROM TOO MANY G'S.

that would be interesting lol
This is my dream series!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyYPP9zR7M[/youtube]

modbaraban
modbaraban

Conceptual wrote:This is my dream series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyYPP9zR7M
That reminded me of the Singapore GP 2008 for some reason :-"

djos

Here is mine:

Engine: 1.5ltr V6 Twin Turbo (any config you like inc boost) with minimum component & total engine weights to keep material costs down to allow a return to Qually spec hand grenade engines (max 2 per car, per weekend).

Gearbox: Dual clutch, semi automatic with 7 forward and 1 reverse gears with a minimum total weight to keep costs down.

Aero/Chassis: 2009 regs but revised slightly to make front & rear wing widths the same as 2008 (rear wider and front narrower) but keep the heights and other rules. I'd also widen the cars back to 200cm (from 180cm) as per mid 90's rules.

Tyres/Wheels: Slicks on 15" (up from 13") Wheels (with minimum weight inc wheel nut) with 3 compounds available to all teams with at least 2 compounds used during each race.

Qually: Current format but Q3 also low fuel and before Qually all teams have to declare to stewards their race fuel load which is then made public after Qually is complete.

:)
"In downforce we trust"

xpensive
xpensive

Forever the nostalgic, but I would love to see the old Group 7 sportscars back, like in the Can Am series. Imagine that, a no-limits racing series with modern technology, 2000 Hp+, ground-effects, anti-spin/lock and the entire gizmo-shabang?
Due to the outrageous costs involved, only six races a year at Suzuka, Road America, Monza, Monaco, the Indy-oval and finally the old Nurburgring.
The fantastic Longford track on Tasmania, with railway crossing and all, or Targa Florio would be the ultimate challenge for such cars, but possibly a little bit dangerous.

All races to have the classic Le Mans running-start of course, but with a drive-thru penalty for drivers who don't buckle-up properly.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

pedaltometal
pedaltometal

I'd definately like to see that!

Scania
Scania

why all people love 1000 cylinder engine? #-o

pedaltometal
pedaltometal

I'd like to see a 1000 cylinder engine, too :shock:
Do you mean 1,000 horsepower?

Scania
Scania

I mean too much cylinder like V12

engine should be as small as possible if it can keep its life & power

modbaraban
modbaraban

pedaltometal wrote:I'd like to see a 1000 cylinder engine, too :shock:
Somebody should make one just out of interest. I wonder how it would sound :D

pedaltometal
pedaltometal

12 cylinders is not too much.

Carlos
Carlos

Callum

Here is my dream serise:

Engine/fuel: V12, a standard fuel flow rate limit meaning the team's could do anything they wanted aslong as they used the right fuel rate...supercharged, turbocharged anything! It would have to last 3 races. No KERS.

Gearbox: Manual STICK SHIFT, meaning the drivers will have to do more than steer with their hands:O

Aero/Chassis: Free underbody rules but no sideskirts or fan cars. Front and rear wings of a standard aerofoil but size/shape free to play about with. A smooth body like the current F1 cars but all other body aspects are free.

Tyres: Large fat slicks at the back and narrower slicks at the front.

Tracks: long undulating tracks prefferably the "old" tracks in the current f1 seriese plus Laguna Seca, Le Mans and Suzuka.

Drivers: Anyone and they must not speak corporate S*** they must speak their minds!

colganc
colganc

xpensive wrote:Forever the nostalgic, but I would love to see the old Group 7 sportscars back, like in the Can Am series. Imagine that, a no-limits racing series with modern technology, 2000 Hp+, ground-effects, anti-spin/lock and the entire gizmo-shabang?
Due to the outrageous costs involved, only six races a year at Suzuka, Road America, Monza, Monaco, the Indy-oval and finally the old Nurburgring.
The fantastic Longford track on Tasmania, with railway crossing and all, or Targa Florio would be the ultimate challenge for such cars, but possibly a little bit dangerous.

All races to have the classic Le Mans running-start of course, but with a drive-thru penalty for drivers who don't buckle-up properly.
As a fan I would want that, although I'd throw in multiple race types: endurance, sprint, and rally. I would find it very fun to see a car essentially able to race effectively in multiple disciplines.

Most rules are terrible and leave me romaticizing/dreaming about a past I never experienced and never could/can due to my age: Can-am, F1 in the 70s and 80s, Group B, etc.

machin

Big Tyres
Smaller wings (but fully driver adjustable)
Small Tubrocharged ICE's with KERs and HERs (The engines themselves producing about 400bhp, with an additional 300bhp generated from KERs and HERs)
More Mechanical freedom (e.g. 4-wheel drive if desired)
Minimum component weights for various items... uprights/brakes/wheels etc (to keep the cost down).
No Refuelling and no tyre changes during the race (so all passing must be on track, and reduces the number of wasted tyres).

Technical freedom (but not in aero areas) is the aim, but its difficult without creating a spending race.... budget capping seems like the way ahead, but I can't see how it can be sufficiently policed.....
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH