mercedes benz

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...

what would you rather u have if they were free?

mclaren f1 gtr
27%
mercedes benz clk gtr
27%
porshe 911 gt1
5%
2005 chrysler me12
5%
ferrari enzo
36%

Total votes: 22

mclarenf1gtr

mercedes benz

the best car tht ever came out for mercedes was the clk gtr....it was known as the second fastest car in the world and still is(and for those who dont no the fastest car is the mclaren f1) :D . But lets stick to the topic..... the mercedes benz clk gtr was the first ever super car they had produced before that they only made luxurious cars. see but now they come out with the slr mclaren which by the way aint even close to beatin the new 2004 dodge viper srt-10's which by the way are cool super cars that u can actually afford.

mb clk gtr specs:
612.0 bhp @ 6800 rpm;571.6 ft lbs @ 5250 rpm;307.4 kph / 191.0 mph;
0 - ¼ mile 9.4 seconds;0 - 60 mph 3.4 seconds;0 - 100 mph 5.7 seconds;
DOHC 4 Valves / Cyl V12 6898 cc / 420.9 cu in.

Monstrobolaxa

Ferrari.....

West

CLK GTR (racing version), because it's a monster. And it has those plaid seats.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

clk gtr of course.

icef1mkd

Renault Alpine :P
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988

Steven
Owner

euh well... i'll put in my choice:
A yellow Lamborghini Gallardo, can be driven on streets too. Wonderful looking, much horses and an excellent 4WD. You can argue the mucrielago is better, but well don't like it that much. The Gallardo is completely out of alu, so very light and fast. *drool* :P

I can hardly see you drive that mercedes on a normal road :D

West

Why not a CLR? I doubt anybody has seen a car fly on the road before.

red300zx99

That list is short, depending on time frame and such, forgetting the new porsche, and the oh so magnficant 959, and ultra rare 962cr...but me ill take the laker yellow 'rarri any day

mclarenf1gtr

naaaaahhhhh

well i dont like them cars neway and they aint on the top ten fastest cars in the world list

walter

first of all the Merc CLK GTR road version is plagued by the restrictions of the racing version to a great degree, that is why it isnt the fastest car in terms of top speed(if it wasnt, it would be a killer), but on a track it will do circles around your Mclaren F1 because it has one of the best cornering capabilities (1.01 g's compared to Mclaren's top speed tires which only let it do .85 g's) If you thing top straight line speed is the ultimate test, then take any big block corvette and slap on a pair of turbochargers and you may just see speeds of 250mph (~$200,000~). I would love to have the Lotus elise with the toyota's 2 litre engine, that car may not reach 200mph, but I would have much more fun taking corners and twisties everyday without paying an arm and a leg for it.

mclarenf1gtr

no

1: the merc clk gtr is the SECOND fastest car in the world wether u like or not and
2: the mclaren f1 is the fastest and i know my vettes and if u throw a big block in there and throw a few turbo chargers in it the --- car wont be able to handle tht much power now throw that in a 78 trans AM with the turbo chargers and superchargers.
That will be amazing because it will be able to hold all of that power cuz my uncle has a 78 trans am with the super and turbo chargers in it :x

West

You don't know ANYTHING about supercars.
Instead you refer to unoriginal insults. Whenever you've been proven wrong you ignore the fact you are wrong. Please look after the correct information in books or something, before you start to indulge others here.
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it.

DELTA EVO

italian job.... LANCIA DELTA EVO3 off course :D
LANCIA DELTA tornera' nel WRC........
....e lo fara' per VINCERE

mclarenf1gtr

t

did u no i no my supercars very much and tht im not insultin nebody im correcting them and ive known bout ne kind of car since i was 4 so dont try to tell me wat is wrong and wat is right

dumrick

Why don't you poll the Carrera GT?????? :evil: :evil:

Although working for other constructor, I would prefer driving a Porsche to anything...
Last edited by dumrick on 12 Aug 2004, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.