ALMS: Petit Le Mans 2009

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mx_tifoso

Re: ALMS: Petit Le Mans 2009

Images can be found here...

:arrow: Motorsport.com - ALMS: 2009 Road Atlanta

Completely off the ground then nose dive, must be great for the car.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PNSD

Cant be too good for the driver either!!!

vyselegend

Sh*t, the Highcroft car is destroyed! :evil: Apparently Scott Sharp clipped the Farnbacher Loles Porsche and flipped several times before crashing upside down in a wall!

Glad to hear he's ok. If anyone has more info on the status of the tub of the Acura please post it. If someone finds a clip of the accident I'd like to see what happened...

Krispy, are you on the track? Have pics to share? :wink:

wesley123

isnt the highcrost car the Petron Acura?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

vyselegend

Yes it is.

Now the timming is showing the chekered flag, despite 15mn are remaining. Fences are damaged. I hope they will repair everything in time for the night session.

So far each session was eventfull for the favorites, as Lucas Luhr crashed the R15 yesterday, Minassian's 908 caught fire this morning, and now the Acura crash... Let's hope for an eventless night session.

EDIT: Found pics of the Acura: Image

Image Image
:shock:

modbaraban

That's -1 for the entry list, right?

Ray

That's alot of debris! Wonder how long that took to sweep up?

mx_tifoso

Who keeps the debris? Do the teams ask for them back?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

I've just read that the car is a write off. The team is getting a new bare tub and has to build a new car :shock:

PS:

Any quali coverage?

Krispy

vyselegend wrote: Krispy, are you on the track? Have pics to share? :wink:

I will be there tonight. And I might be able to share some pics. It depends on if my iPhone has service or not. I will be camping in the infield tonight, and braving the rain tomorrow.

My SLR (camera not McLaren) is back at home so I have borrowed a point and shoot type camera. The best I will be able to do w/o a computer is post a few pics from my phone~3MP.

Man I am ready for this work week to end...time to go to the RACES!
"In order to finish first, you must first finish"-Stirling Moss

vyselegend

Thanks Krispy, waiting for the pics! =P~

Mod, qualy is undergoing right now and a live stream is available there thanks to speed TV & michelin.

GT2 for now, protos will kick up in a few minutes. :wink:

Obviously the Highcroft Acura won't be ready in time for qualy so they'll start from the pit lane tomorrow...

modbaraban

Scotracer

That 908 is a monster.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

marcush.

that chap in front of the pug is the monster- feels good to see him happy these days.

vyselegend

Scotracer wrote:That 908 is a monster.
To think the 908 is a 4 year old lady now, and still unbeatable in sheer pace... =D>
marcush wrote:that chap in front of the pug is the monster- feels good to see him happy these days.
Yeah, Minass is up to his former speed again. He was quite down after the Silverstone crash, and it just took him some time to feel confident again. But I still think Montagny is the biggest threat for Audi as far as the Peugeot line-up is concerned. He's the most credible response to Mc Nish. I think it will be difficult for Audi to keep up with the Pug over the race in the dry, but if it rains it might turn out to be Peugeot's nightmare... Frank the Tank hints at that on EI (french):
Frank Montagny wrote: I think with the R15, Audi has a diabolic front (drivetrain). Us, it's a bit of the opposite: the rear is excellent, but the front is a little bit lazy, if I can say. On the dry, I think we'll have the advantage: there are a good deal of enchainments, which favorises a better rear. But in the rain, you need a better front.
Then he goes on, saying he won't make any detail in the fight with Audi. "I prefer finish in the gravel trap than 2nd"...

Qualy was a good surprise, with the Ford GT stealing the pole to the Corvettes! For once, the Porsches and Ferraris were playing second roles...
LMP was less of a surprise, but still Pagenaud put up a good show with the Acura. Too bad he ended 1 tenth down the Audi. (but 1,2sec clear of the next car, which is no other than the race winning Oreca!)

Oh, and I've found a youtube clip of the Highcroft crash:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I361oZvBqYE[/youtube]

Now that was a crash! :o