ALMS Laguna Seca 2009

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
modbaraban

Re: ALMS Laguna Seca 2009

I watched the full race at last and had a good look at the GT2 battle in the end. Everything was fair and square (albeit hard) before the last corner.

It did look like Jan tapped him on purpose. But man... I'm staggered how they didn't ban Jorg for good! His deliberate maneuver could easily kill someone.
There were large pieces of CF flying over the pit wall at very high speed.
"He started it, I wasn't giving him that" - that's just some primary school argument.
This guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a racing car.

Ray

Re: ALMS Laguna Seca 2009

From Oliver Gavins facebook page
Ollie Gavin wrote:Quick update after Laguna. Spoke with Jan yesterday, he's doing pretty well but still very sore. He's found out that he fractured his tail bone in 2 places in the accident... That's got to hurt... A lot... The car stood up very well and is in the process of being fixed. P&M working their MAGIC! It will be ready for our test at Road Atlanta in November. Roll on 2010!
Now that it had been found that Jan has a no --- injury, Bergmeister should be retroactively DQ'd from that race for causing an accident that injured another competitor.