NEW For 2011 GP2/11 Chassis

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
King Six

Re: NEW For 2011 GP2/11 Chassis

What's the point of having such similar cars now. The fact that Pirelli are giving the two series the exact same spec tyres, so essentially the only difference nowadays is a small amount of aero and the engine. It probably could beat alot of F1 cars if it was given an F1 engine. I'm getting tired of GP2 and how all the F1 drivers come from there. It's just too much of the same ---.

The fact that Pirelli are using the same spec tyres for GP2 and F1, which means that these tyres have had to be also be heavily designed for this spec-GP2 Dallara chassis only spells worse things for next season too. I think I'm already wishing Pirelli would leave F1 before I've seen a race, but I can't see how they won't be worse than Bridgestone were with their Nurburgring-Nordshliefe 48 hours "super soft" tyres. Bring back the tyre wars and get rid of GP2, I say.

Jersey Tom

Similarity isn't bad. Makes upper tier racing a little more accessible and an easier transition for new drivers.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Richied76

would give these a run for there money....but would sooner own on as the cost to run would be alot less :lol:

http://www.racingcarsforkids.com/gallery.html