What race class to choose?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
747heavy

Re: What race class to choose?

the wishbones of the StockCar are made from steel, as are the wishbones in DTM, and most other race cars.
You will not find many race series which are using carbon fibre wishbones outside F1.
And you don´t want carbon fibre wishbones for your project, it will make it just more expensive - IMO. There is no need for it.

I don´t know much about Formula SAE, but what I know is that many of there parts are sponsored, so they get them for less then market price.
A formula SAE does not have 300hp and does not go 250 km/h, so I don´t think it is a good cpomparsion, to what you want to do.

As for the wheel fixation 4/5 stud is easier and simpler to make, and you will get more and cheaper rims/wheels for 4/5 stud, then for centre lock (one nut).
I would go with 4/5 stud for your poject, but it´s up to you.
If you don´t plan to have pitstops, there is not much need for centre lock.-IMHO
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.

If Nascar does not haveit .. and they have pitstops..you will not need it ..
in STCC they have(had?) mandatory pitstop s for two wheels ..that was quite entertaining with 5 nuts per wheel..

Pachoba

I look forward :) .
I find complete Audi TT 1.8L 180hp engine in polish auction for 3500 zł, this si 890 EUR. And I still did not see ebay ... If price goes up to 4500 zł it is 1200 EUR. That´s great. I think for my plan this is good.
I do not know how many kilometers driven, produce year and turbo. I will ascertain, when I call there.
Next, engine go to the chiptunning...

Advertisement:

Code: Select all

WITAM.
DO SPRZEDANIA MAM SILNIK KOMPLETNY 1.8 T 180 KONI DO AUDI TT.PASUJE TEZ DO
AUDI A3 A4
SEAT LEON IBIZA TOLEDO ALHAMBRA
VOLSWAGEN PASSAT GOLF SHARAN
I INNE...
SPRAWNY.
GWARANCJA ROZRUCHOWA
Gentlemans, what do you think?

I use 4/5 wheel nuts. It is better, so i don´t have rent for pit place. And cheaper wheel discs(early serial) Tyres will be without change on race/qualifing session.
Pit places will busy with teams where have more money...
I can do only refueled with fuel tank(as DTM). It will be useless - fuel tank is big.

747heavy

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Pachoba

Sorry, I'm very busy now.
I will continous on this project for a shorter time.