Adjustable camber while the car is moving?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Rideway

Re: Adjustable camber while the car is moving?

raymondu999 wrote:Actually Scarbs detailed Ferrari's silverstone rear end package as having a suspension package that shortened the upper wishbone; which meant that as the car was moving and downforce loaded the car down, the amount of negative camber would increase.

Here; http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/07/1 ... e-upgrade/
Even though that camber change is not adjustable. It's given by the suspension travell and tyre deflection.
Last edited by Rideway on 09 Sep 2011, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

nikkiwade

hi guys.. I'm just wondering if this method is safe? I think I want to make it on my own car. Is this applicable to all cars? l'm driving chryslers.. compatible with chrysler parts? I got interested in this since I've read bout this.

olefud

Is camber that much of a concern? Analog dynamic camber gain is common with short/long A-arm suspension. This can be set with A-arm length and position, and tuned with ball joint stud length. If bump steer is correct, camber is an independent variable.

In general camber is of concern in a sraight line (not too much), during braking (camber gain tends to decrease tire contact patch but can be helped with a touch of antidive) and during max cornering (enough camber gain to keep the tire temps flat and maybe a bit of camber thrust).

Just my opinion, but I don't see much to gain during transient conditions.