Red Bull top speed limit reason

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Red Bull top speed limit reason

Sonic59 wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: It looks like renault has more torque is lower RPM, and its a reason why renault engine is better in monaco/hungary and has more response.
Thats exactly what I mean. Mercedes would dominate "engine circuits", whereas Renault powered teams generally do better at High downforce tracks.

I think it more a case of Renault reaching its power band sooner than the others.
More could have been done.
David Purley

munudeges
munudeges

Less horsepower, less fuel consumption. That's the way it works. However, you would still prefer to have the horsepower and choose to conserve fuel where you want.

munudeges
munudeges

DaveW wrote:Again, I agree. But bearing in mind that the competition is capable of similar reasoning (presumably), why was the RBR so dominant.
Judging from their sector times and comparisons most of it was made from much better aerodynamic and mechanical grip at Ascari. The rest of the lap was about trying to make sure that they minimised the disadvantage of their lack of top speed mostly by accelerating to their top speed faster.

The worrying thing for everyone else is that they really shouldn't have been that dominant.