Front wing duct and stall theory

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Pierce89

Re: front wing duct and stall theory

hardingfv32 wrote:Where is your central air source? It can not be in the nose per the rules.

Brian
Why? Most of the teams use a hole in the nose.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

wesley123

Re: front wing duct and stall theory

hardingfv32 wrote:
Shaddock wrote:[The central air intake is suspected to be through the nose cone...
This is not allowed per the rules.

Brian
Then every car was illegal last year.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

hardingfv32

Re: Front wing duct and stall theory

"3.7.8 Only a single section, which must be open, may be contained within any longitudinal vertical
cross section taken parallel to the car centre line forward of a point 150mm ahead of the front
wheel centre line, less than 250mm from the car centre line and more than 125mm above the
reference plane.
Any cameras or camera housings approved by the FIA in addition to a single inlet aperture for
the purpose of driver cooling (such aperture having a maximum projected surface area of
1500mm2 and being situated forward of the section referred to in Article 15.4.3) will be exempt
from the above."

It is not the easy to read, but this is it.

Brian