Bulkhead/nose/chassis idea - Updated

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
bhall
bhall

Re: Bulkhead/nose/chassis idea - Updated

Ok, now I understand the direction you've taken. I had something else in mind on first glance.

WhiteBlue

I was thinking of a similar solution. The noses may not be blunt enough though.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

with the second design is there a chance of a car sliding up the nose and monocoque into the drivers face if it crashed into another car?

Tozza Mazza

This solution is made illegal by the fact that the underside of the chassis must be a linear taper between Bulkhead AA and BB.

Sorry dude.

manchild
manchild

allstaruk08 wrote:with the second design is there a chance of a car sliding up the nose and monocoque into the drivers face if it crashed into another car?
Sure, but there is also a chance with high noses if for example another car is laying sideways after a crash, that high nose hits the driver in the head or torso, while low nose would just slide under. Incidents are very unpredictable. In some that have gone fatal, situation would have been different if much older cars were used, depending on whole situation, impact, structure etc.

jhhoffman
jhhoffman

The template that has to be able to be pass through the foot well may also cause some illegality issues.