Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

Re: Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

now is more clear! good advice. I do a drawing in CAD​​. do you know SolidWorks?

PlatinumZealot

Ferrari_Ivan wrote:ok, thanks for your information. unfortunately I haven't a patent, and I haven't no special licenses. But I've published my design on an Italian forum last year. I think it is still important that I published before that Ferrari introduce him to the track.

I don't want to be negative. I just want to discuss new ideas. This forum was recommended to me by another passionate person like me.
I'm glad I found a forum that deals with these things.

I think I will send some emails to various teams. I have nothing to lose.
I think I have seen that design on previous Ferraris though. I will check
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

godsire
godsire

Yep. Solidworks would be fine. If you have difficulties with designing this part, we can try to make a suitable model (according to your concept) and then make an analysis (with different width of airfoils or profiles). I really like your idea and I am curious if this really works!

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

ok! put them here if you find those images that I can see them. I don't remember Ferrari with similar ideas. I may be wrong.

PlatinumZealot

n smikle wrote:
Ferrari_Ivan wrote:ok, thanks for your information. unfortunately I haven't a patent, and I haven't no special licenses. But I've published my design on an Italian forum last year. I think it is still important that I published before that Ferrari introduce him to the track.

I don't want to be negative. I just want to discuss new ideas. This forum was recommended to me by another passionate person like me.
I'm glad I found a forum that deals with these things.

I think I will send some emails to various teams. I have nothing to lose.
I think I have seen that design on previous Ferraris though. I will check
Nope.. but it still looks vaguely familiar...

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

godsire wrote:Yep. Solidworks would be fine. If you have difficulties with designing this part, we can try to make a suitable model (according to your concept) and then make an analysis (with different width of airfoils or profiles). I really like your idea and I am curious if this really works!
thank you very much. I also want to know if it works or not!
My dad works with SolidWorks and can help me to make a design more technical and precise than my hand drawing. :D

I'm very happy to have found other fans like me. if you want, in the Italian forum I linked above, there are my other drawings. I love the design which is called "Project Gemini". If you want, watch it. thank a lot to all!

PlatinumZealot

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

I saw n smikle. would be better to have a more detailed picture because it is not clear how did this area of ​​2cm. Ferrari tried the solutions here in 2012.

jordangp

Havn't Red Bull always done this with their rear wings though? I don't think it's anything new

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

jordangp wrote:Havn't Red Bull always done this with their rear wings though? I don't think it's anything new
I do not know and I do not remember. Do you know some particular photo?

jordangp

Well they always isolate the 2cm area on the outside. I think they've made it 3 element before, but not 4 like Ferrari

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Which CAD software is simmilar to Google SketchUp, but more advanced?
I want to make my design, and share with you guys.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

jordangp

MarkedOne8 wrote:Which CAD software is simmilar to Google SketchUp, but more advanced?
I want to make my design, and share with you guys.
A programme between Sketchup and Solidworks for example, is probably something like ZModeller, which is what Wesley123 uses I believe.

wesley123
wesley123

I indeed use ZModeler, but for use with CFD and other CAD programs I do not recommend it. ZModeler is a really basic tool and apart from that is quite buggy. ZModeler2 adds a few functions but is still quite basic, plus it isn't free.

for use with CFD I would recommend Solidworks or an Autodesk product, these arent cheap so you have to get them in a way ACTA would stop/censor
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Thanks guys.Which Autodesk exactly did you mentioned?
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/