Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

AutoCAD, 3dsmax, Maya, these all are good examples to do the job. In this case AutoCAD would be recommended to use.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

jordangp

:lol: I was just about to post the same 3 examples, but you beat me to it

wesley123
wesley123

:lol: Did I win anything? :P

jordangp

A minor amount of respect? :lol: while your here, i must say your 2012 car is looking nice. I see what you mean about the similar engine cover! great munds think alike :lol:

Sorry, was off topic, I know :lo:

Himlar
Himlar

Just a tip; if you are a student, Autodesk will give you a free one-year licence of almost every software they've got. It may sound like I'm advertising, but to me it has been invaluable to be able to use these programs at home for school work.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

For 2D technical drawing one can use DraftSight - a free product by Dassault Systemes
http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/overview/

There's' also a Linux version
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

jordangp

Dragonfly wrote:For 2D technical drawing one can use DraftSight - a free product by Dassault Systemes
http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/overview/

There's' also a Linux version
Downloaded it today for Windows... didn't work :/

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Windows is a very foggy term. Works fine on XP SP3. Tested on three PC's.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

jordangp

:lol: Windows 7 SP1, it crashes upon start. Tried it in various compatibility modes, but still crashes.

wesley123
wesley123

Tried running as administrator?

Might sound like a issue with some frameworks, I would suggest downloading the .net/C++/whatever there is packages from the Microsoft site and reinstalling them again, when a product is already installed just click repair when it asks you an option.

jordangp

wesley123 wrote:Tried running as administrator?

Might sound like a issue with some frameworks, I would suggest downloading the .net/C++/whatever there is packages from the Microsoft site and reinstalling them again, when a product is already installed just click repair when it asks you an option.
:lol: Theres literally nothing I havn't tried. It's the same for Google Sketchup. I do everything on this laptop, but I have to design on my old Computer because none of my design programmes work on my laptop.

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

There are many programs. I use solidworks, is very beautiful and have a basic level I can do many things. when I have my design I will send it to TM! I can not wait

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Himlar wrote:Just a tip; if you are a student, Autodesk will give you a free one-year licence of almost every software they've got. It may sound like I'm advertising, but to me it has been invaluable to be able to use these programs at home for school work.
Yes, I have downloaded Inventor, AutoCAD, and now 3Ds Max.I'm going to test and see which suits me best.3Ds Max is good in shaping but I miss measuring system from Sketch Up.To be honest, AutoCAD for me looks terribly hard maybe even more as 3Ds Max back in 2010. when I was switching from SketchUp to 3Ds Max.Inventor seems to be hardcore engineering software.I started to link my previous experience on SketchUP and 3Ds Max to this program (to Inventor).
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

For now, 3Ds Max is out.It is good and easy for shaping but 3Ds Max it not engineering software.He does not have measuring system!(cm, mm, inches...)

AutoCAD is not properly tested yet, but I think Inventor should be the best.What do you think guys?
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

I wanted to talk with you guys my other ideas.
But first I wanted to ask two things:
1. there may be an aerodynamic part in contact with the ground?
2. has the front wing a surface boundary of greatness?

i have 2 ideas but this answer are important to their legality