AMuS: Mclaren and Red Bull tilting front wings?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
radosav
radosav

Re: AMuS: Mclaren and Red Bull tilting front wings?

Tim.Wright wrote:
radosav wrote:If FW generates 400 kg of downforce and if you split it on both sides of wing than you have 200 kg on each side of wing.
Then if you take that those 200 kg are pushing it in the centre of left/right
side of the wing you will see that 100 kg pressure on ends of each half of wing
is enough!
I understand the FIA test loads are applied with a piston at a point rather than the distributed load the wing sees from an aerodynamic load. If you apply a point load of the same magnitude as the aero loads, you are likey to punch a hole in the wing structure.

Imagine Norbert Haug standing on the wing wearing high heels (and nothing else haha!)...

Tim
I like your idea! Imagine that F1 world agrees and accepts
new unit of force called ' Norbert ' that would be applied for
front wing flexibility test. Funny part is that teams would never
know exactly how much is ' Norbert ' in Newtons, cause
it would depend on current weight of Norbert Haug.

Sevach
Sevach

Mclaren does look "lesser" around Suzuka...

marcush.
marcush.

The real top teams now are very advanced in multidiscipline simulations either MSC or CDAdapco etc.they don´t need a metal hinge or a bolt to make a component twist ,bend or crush under specified loads.
The interested fan may read in December 2009 issue of Racecarengineering -interview with Steve Nevey:"multi -physics coupling of these effects(CFD+structural simulations)allows us to legally enhance the performance of deformable components....nough said.
I tdevides the knowing from those in the guesswork by the looks of things ...Similar logic applies to :
Tyre /Track modeling ,Exhaust plum effects on aero etc etc ...
Funny how some teams excell in tyres and aero ... maybe there is a conection -which is advanced co-simulation capability?