Vehicle Development Project - Interests

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
MileticDesign

Re: Vehicle Development Project - Interests

CFDruss wrote:Hi all, I’m sorry I have been away for so long, so I hope all are well.

I am writing this thread for a reason and so I should explain.

There will be many people out there, whether they are simply not interested or consider there professional time to delicate, however I hope some member show an interest and can offer there assistance.

For many many years now I have envisaged building a dream machine of a track/road car, but have put it off due to believing it is realistically impossibly to perform such a task individually. However, it has come to the time where I feel I need to pursue such a dream and answer the question of “what if??”

So this basically forms the basis of this thread, I am seeking members who are interested in helping in such a task and being part of possibly the first team to ever fully develop a vehicle though global communication. This dream may never reach past a ideas stage, put with our effort and dreams, nothing would ever happen. Obviously, I do not have the initial funds to pay for your help and can there for only offer a contract to be drawn up that give you rights to a small percentage of any profits ever made should the vehicle ever make it to production. I will also with out a doubt reference all designers on a special plate that shall be mounted either as part of the interior or engine bay.

I am therefore seeking all interest that can help in areas such as follows,

- Steering and suspension
- Body styling
- Engine and transmission
- Aerodynamics
- Control systems
- Ergonomics
- Materials
- Safety

If any of you have interest in this then please do not hesitate contacting me either by posting a reply or ideally PM me your details.

Please remember that this is only in a very very early stage and so such a project may never become a reality, but with a team of engineers that have hopes and believes, anything can be achieved.

Many thanks for your time

Russ
If you need design and modeling for body let me know here is my project I am working on: http://www.miletic-design.portfoliobox.me/project-rrt

humble sabot

I'm probably insane for setting my goals so high but at least I've tried to contain them somewhat to just the chassis. Deciding that the job of which will not include provision for doors or suspension mounts has made it visually simpler but trying to develop something that can be built from readily available materials that's both aerodynamic and doesn't require moldmaking has made it a towering proposition
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

undescribed66

Hi,

If any of you that are planning on building a racing style of car and need any help with Aerodynamics and possibly The Body of the vechile I would be happy to help as I am training in the field of AeroSpace and can make you some 3D Blueprints and could give you a file containing the design so you could go to a big 3D Printer and get it sculpted/created into the material you want :) If you want any details please email me at undescribed66@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jake

charlieriz
charlieriz

Vehicle Development Project Interests

Hii I am looking for outsourcing drupal development project Can anyone please suggest me the best outsourcing drupal development company?

smak

I'm interested to become a part of the aerodynamics team but you have got to realize that I'm not an engineer. I'm a student of aerodynamics department since a year in my college doing it for fsae. Although I must say I've explored a lot and I might be a few months away from designing a part with complete knowledge about the physics behind it! And last but not the least, I AM ENTHUSIASTIC!

email id- smakaerodynamics@gmail.com

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

I'd be interested in knowing more about the type of "dream machine" you'd be wanting to design mate... i.e. an Adrian Newey 'unlimited' design, or one which could race in some particular formula... either way, i have experience in aerodynamics for both and could help with aero design.
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"

gabrielnpa

Suspension,FSAE

Hi everybody, i would like to know what brands are more indicates to a FSAE suspension project, what brands are more used by teams, and the best cost of beneficit!

Thank you!!

godlameroso

Has anyone ever tried using a plasma actuator for active flow control on an actual race car? I think this would be the perfect field to try since you don't have to worry about crashing out of the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIABOkxedTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YkN9Y6WvE
Saishū kōnā

jschalch

Is this project still going on? I'd be willing to learn more about the project and help out.

holycowman

Highly Interested in as well,, This is one I've been hawking over for quite some time, if only because I have my own project in mind that we ARE moving forward with and this has been one I've watched on the side & had great interest in,,, I especially drool over Vyssion's input here - and a multitude of other topics he's participated in - on a particular portion of my design I'm lacking in high technical sufficiency in - Aero : )