Telemetry Data?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
KeithYoung

Re: Telemetry Data?

I found my troubles were being caused by Excel only showing to 4 decimal places when making Trendlines.

Smooth sailing from here, just pictures and article. Data is good enough :)

KeithYoung

I plan on writing the detail behind the calculations at a later date. My main goal was the Applied Math Example, which I linked above.

Let me know if you guys like it. It took about 5 hours when it was all said and done (but now I know how to make gifs :shock: ). My goal with these articles is to help people hate math less, and hopefully enjoy the article. Please let me know I'm not wasting my time :) and if I am, what can I do to improve the articles so they're accomplishing my goal.

Thanks for the help, Tim, Blanchimont, and Lycoming.

silente

Interesting topic and interesting material.

Some time ago there also was an interesting article from OptimumG about the usage of their free software OptimumLap.

The Aim was to study how a F1 car could perform in COTA before F1 has ever been there. The numbers shown were pretty interesting (and according to my sources, not too far the real car) and results not too far from what F1 cars have then done on track. But unfortunately they removed the article from their website.

I still have a paper copy at home.

Anyway, as somebody else said already here, if you don't want to reproduce real car behaviour but you only aim to show informative material regarding math and calculations, then you could also use rFactor and produce some more detailed data out of a session.

Actually, although it is not a professional sim software, it could give you also very good hints regarding car performance and behavior...

Take a look here...

http://drracing.wordpress.com/

The same optimumLap, although being a point mass simulation, could give you some material for your articles.

KeithYoung

Thanks for the link silente, looks very useful and I will dig in to that :)

Kiril Varbanov

Here's an update to this old thread. That's the system monitor and ATLAS interface. The image comes from @F1_Aero on Twitter.

mikeerfol