F1 Rear Wing CFD testing

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Raz2015

F1 Rear Wing CFD testing

Hello Folks,
I am doing my final year engineering project on the optimisation of the rear wing for f1 race cars. I have made a scaled prototype for wind tunnel test. But before i stick it in the wind tunnel, my supervisor has asked me to do some research and do a cfd test on solidworks first. I opened up the file on solidworks simulation and tried playing with it with what little knowledge I have of CFD and solidworks simulation.
I would really appreciate if someone could give me a few tips on what exactly i should be looking for. My supervisor said one thing i should look for is the pressure difference above and below the wing..but i am a bit lost :(

Any tips, suggestions would be extremely appreciated

graham.reeds

Re: F1 Rear Wing CFD testing

Have a read of the KVRC threads - there is a lot on rear wing optimisation - though this year is more WEC than F1 oriented. However, that said the One Click CFD may help especially when it comes to the actual testing. Caedevice and the rest are very free with their knowledge and truly are the embodiment of simple pleasure of finding things out.