Carbon composite monocoque chassis

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
WhiteBlue

Re: Carbon composite monocoque chassis

xpensive wrote:Wonderful picture that WB, just how I like to behold a Ferrari!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

flynfrog

jagato00 wrote:
flynfrog wrote:it scares me you can get a Phd in composites and not have an idea how to build a car chassis its a glorified box. In the end composite structures are composite structures. They are all build pretty much the same way
Well... The research area of my lab. was the application of composite materials as a machine component... composite boring bar, aluminum hybrid drive shaft, robot hand and so on... also we handled the adhesion problem.
Especially my thesis was for the carbon-composite spherical bearing. If you think the composite chassis is the end of the composite technology, my area may be nothing. However, many people focused on other applications of composite materials and they know what you don't know... Even a professor can not design the composite monocoque chassis in detail with just theory and without experiences.
even in under grad did you not deal with some sort of mechanics property s of matl. ect.

a monocoque is just another structure like a bridge or cardboard box or an airplane.

pipex

Searching for other things i found that this company made monocoques for Minardi
http://www.atrgroup.it/eng/clienti.htm#1

Regards
"We will have to wait and see".