MP4-24 Rear Suspension Geometry

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
ysyy88
ysyy88

Re: MP4-24 Rear Suspension Geometry

myurr wrote:
McMacca wrote: Or am I way off base?
Not sure - I think the angle makes it look worse than it is. I did a quick check in a graphic program and estimated that the car is rolling about 1.5 degrees (although I went about the houses doing that so could have made a mistake).

Doesn't sound sooo excessive to me, but maybe aerodynamically it is significant.
it seems insideline made a suspension walkaround for mp4-12c

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/trac ... round.html

gixxer_drew
gixxer_drew

Re: MP4-24 Rear Suspension Geometry

Jersey Tom wrote:The rear is (more or less) rigidly connected to the front... by a carbon tub. So how would the rear be able to roll more than the front?
Yah I go through that all the time with drivers, they are usually describing that the car completes the roll motion and then the rear outside continues to compress in a pitch up condition but "feels" or "looks" like roll to some people. So maybe the way to descrive that is that the front is taking up more LLT?

On the "roll is bad" topic, I would say it can be bad or good or both bad and good or neither. Its ALL design dependent, what is desired from the change in forces anyway? That will be all vehicle/track/condition/tire/driver/astrological alignment thing.