F1Technical 2016 update

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Re: F1Technical 2016 update

Tapatalk has been disabled again since yesterday evening.
Their crappy plugin made sure that posting was impossible yesterday for a few hours.

I've created a support ticket with them in the meantime.
Without a fix, it's not coming back.

I'd fix it myself, but I do have other work to do than to fix other people's bugs :D

djos

The web based user experience is so much better too, the only thing you can't do is upload images from your mobile.
"In downforce we trust"

jz11

I really like the new look of the site and forum, much more modern and clean, but... :D

here are couple of my thoughts that could improve the forum experience at least for me personally:

Red rectangle - I find this to be way too large, the thought behind is - I already am aware of the thread name I'm reading on, it is unnecessary to have such a large message repeated over and over especially in bold letters

Green rectangle - something that isn't really necessary (at least for desktop pc browsers) - we already have the area to the left that has the post author name in it, so this is repetetive and redundant IMHO

Yellow rectangle - the separation between the actual post text and the info in "green rectangle" seems to be equal to empty line space in the post text - I find it difficult to distinguish between the post itself and the title (especially in that colored rectangle post where the post contains single lines with empty lines in between), fix could be to move the green rectangle a bit closer to red one, so to increase the space between green and the post, and so that the green-red seem like one whole, rather than separate lines like now, or do something like in my edited post at the bottom of the pic

RicME85

Steven wrote:Tapatalk...
Where are we with this? As good as the new skin for the forum is, I still prefer Tapatalk, partly because things like images are too small and aren't clickable (you have to pinch zoom a fair bit) and the other forum I use mainly is on Tapatalk (that site doesn't scale to mobile browsers so Tapa is the only option but it gets annoying having to switch apps).