F1T future direction

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
GitanesBlondes

F1T future direction

Here's the thing though, F1T was never meant to be a traditional news site, so why try to turn it into one?

I came here specifically because it was not that kind of a news site with some forums thrown in.

There's really no one out there that can write thinking man's articles that don't contain the same sort of breathless wonderment every other news site has?

It's funny how driver topics wind up locked more often than not here, yet there are news articles on the main page focusing on driver X and the same topics that cause threads to be locked.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

notsofast

Re: F1T news policy

For what it's worth, the news articles attracted me to F1T many years ago. I suppose that's one data point in favor of using news to attract new members.

McMrocks

Re: F1T future direction

It's not like driver related news are the vast majority of the news. I don't think that this is a big deal.
You can find a huge list of technical related stuff at the front page. And i don't think that this is a problem

And after all it's the owner's decision in which direction F1T goes.

strad

Re: F1T future direction

I was here years ago and it was like pure tech with race car engineers offering real insight, and then it was closed for a time and I forgot about it, when I came back it was changed to what it is now.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss