F1Technical 2016 update

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
djos

Re: F1Technical 2016 update

Feature request:

One thing that I've always found to be a PITA is the inability to click on the "XYZ wrote" to jump to the quoted post.

This would be really handy for a/ when you've replied to someone and want to jump back to read the posts following the one you've just quoted/replied to and b/ frequently ppl dont quote a post in its entirety and you want to see the whole post or the post in its full context.
"In downforce we trust"

tis
tis

Good work. Like the new theme especially on mobile browser, but don't forget about fixing tapatalk when you get the chance please. It's the only forum I visit regularly that isn't on it now. Thanks.

bhall II

I've configured my notification settings for quotes only, but I'm still getting others, and clearing them causes a blank dialogue box to pop up.

strad

everything works great for me .. the fact that it appears larger is a boon for these old eyes.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Steven
Owner

tis wrote:Good work. Like the new theme especially on mobile browser, but don't forget about fixing tapatalk when you get the chance please. It's the only forum I visit regularly that isn't on it now. Thanks.
Tapatalk is back. Can you check if all is working again?
And also, their push system that we disabled for performance reasons, is back up, so please report unusually long times to post something via the site.

atanatizante

Hi there!

First of all good work and a great update overall !
My only issue is regarding to no seeing some images such these ones here : http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 28#p619428
I run under Win10x64 platform and none of the Firefox, Crome or IE brower solves the issue ...
What I am missing or doing wrong?

All the best,
A.
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

nevill3

I too cannot see a couple of the images in the thread you linked to, it is because you have to be a member of the forum that the images were originally posted on, they obviously have disabled "hotlinking".

win10, chrome browser
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Shrieker

So I retract my comment about the new site being slower; it is just as fast as it used to be, if not faster. Probably some minor teething pain :)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

tis
tis

Re: RE: Re: F1Technical 2016 update

Steven wrote:
tis wrote:Good work. Like the new theme especially on mobile browser, but don't forget about fixing tapatalk when you get the chance please. It's the only forum I visit regularly that isn't on it now. Thanks.
Tapatalk is back. Can you check if all is working again?
And also, their push system that we disabled for performance reasons, is back up, so please report unusually long times to post something via the site.
Awesome, thanks!

Godius

Lovely update. Scales really well on mobile browsers. Makes it a lot more usable to visit the forum on my iPhone via safari.

djos

djos wrote:Ok so after a couple of days of use I have 1 major gripe.

On my smartphone I tap the notifications icon and I can't tell which ones are outstanding, they are all kinda grey shaded.

However If I select "show all" the outstanding notifications are highlighted in a nice blue.

Can we please have this Latter behavior replicated in the small drop down?

I'm on iOS, I haven't spent much time on the full size version to notice if this happens there too.
Steven is there anything that can be done to fix this please? I'm finding I need to use the "see all" option more and more which is pita.
"In downforce we trust"

Steven
Owner

djos wrote:
djos wrote:Ok so after a couple of days of use I have 1 major gripe.

On my smartphone I tap the notifications icon and I can't tell which ones are outstanding, they are all kinda grey shaded.

However If I select "show all" the outstanding notifications are highlighted in a nice blue.

Can we please have this Latter behavior replicated in the small drop down?

I'm on iOS, I haven't spent much time on the full size version to notice if this happens there too.
Steven is there anything that can be done to fix this please? I'm finding I need to use the "see all" option more and more which is pita.
Sure I can fix it, but not this week. I need to modify and recompile the css files on my dev server, and in Barca I have no access to my testserver.

djos

Thanks Steven, much appreciated. :)
"In downforce we trust"

Jon
Jon

Freaking WOW!

Everything looks amazing. Great job man!!

ThumbsUp

Great work guys! Thumbs up :D looks really good on mobile and tablet.

I was wandering if it's just my tablet (iPad) that the smaller logo in the header, when scrolled for a bit is not clickable? To get back to the homepage?

Great work and effort of the F1technical team!!
Cheers,

Jarno