kimis alledged drunk driving

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Principessa

Well, than you haven't been reading much of the articles on the other sites about this topic if you didn't read this in other newsarticles.

I have appologised and Tomba has changed it, I really don't understand what you're still moaning about! Like you're acting, this topic can stay here for ever! For me it's done!
The newsitems, development blog, articles,... are discussed here and I've appologised here to the Kimi fans and other f1 fans.

If Kimi wins in court, I will place this online and than everybody will be certain it isn't so!

Btw: How can you prove for sure that Kimi hasn't been halt by the police fore driving drunk? How can you know that for certain? I wasn't there, you weren't there, the only ones that were there if it happened were Kimi and police officers. Kimi said it never happened, but that doesn't mean he speaks the truth as well....remember President Clinton.

But anyway....I leave this topic for what it is now. I really don't want to go on and on about this.

pyry

i appologise on behalf of the agressive nature of my post, and beg for principessas forgiveness for calling her an idiot. i understand the pressure and work you put into this site, at least to some extent. i suppose my reaction was so strong also partly due to what i percieved as arrogance towards drinking generally. maybe its just because im finnish, but i personally dont think its news if a 20+ man drinks once a fourtnight.
four rings to rule them all

juks

Well, than you haven't been reading much of the articles on the other sites about this topic if you didn't read this in other newsarticles.
I read every article that came up in Newsnow.com in period of several days. All of them talked about allegations around time after Hungary GP. Non of them said 'cought again'. None of them referred to an earlier arrest.
Btw: How can you prove for sure that Kimi hasn't been halt by the police fore driving drunk?
LOL, I think even in Belgium it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. You seem to consider quilty until proven innocent. BTW the proof is easy: You claim that the 1st DD arrest happened after a fight with the wife. Kimi got married when he was driving for Mac. Both in Switzerland and Finland you lose your drivers license for a long period of time if caught DD. Kimi has not lost his license as long as he's been a public figure, that would have been all over the press. Hence, your claim is bogus. Which you still maintain in your "Kimi on the rocks" article.

But hey, let's do this: I'll send your article to Kimi's managers. As they seem to be now trigger happy with law suits, maybe they'll add you on the list.

Steven
Owner

Well... the 'caught again' points to his history of drinking. There have been rumours before, and a movie of him falling off a boat being quite drunk.

I don't really see where you're aiming at.

Ciro Pabón

pyry wrote:i personally dont think its news if a 20+ man drinks once a fourtnight.
You are right, pyry. The news (or the ticket or your license suspension) is when you drive after drinking. Give up the keys...

We have to thank heaven if Kimi did nothing wrong, as some of you explained. This would be the last straw for the reputation of F1...

Principessa has gone the extra-mile to make clear that news are news. Do you want to find the truth? Let me tell you it is NOT in the newspapers. Euclid theorems are not news.

News are conflicting issues, by definition. Even if Kimi loses his suit, he could be innocent and viceversa. I'm sure Principessa knows that the best news (not necesarily best for the reporter's tranquil life) are the most conflicting... Do not despair, smart girl.

And, hey man, thanks, nice post... you are a gentleman.

Finally, a question: ¿does anybody knows if they can give you a 7.500 U$ ticket in Hungary for DUI? It is a huge amount, I'd say. I guess most people have to sell their cars to pay it... :)
Ciro

juks

Tomba wrote:Well... the 'caught again' points to his history of drinking.
Oh yeah? Your news item says: Quote: "It's not the first time that the Fin was caught to drink and drive. " Unquote

That is a untrue lie that I have a problem with, and you refuse to remove. It in not referring to drinking in general.
There have been rumours before, and a movie of him falling off a boat being quite drunk.
So what if the guy likes getting drunk on his free time? He hasn't bothered anybody, or destroyed anybody's property. Unlike e.g. the Schuimacher brothers when they destroyd the Toyota VIP room (threw a fridge out of a window) at Suzuka after the last race. I guess Toyota didn't mind too much as this was before Ralph was signed tro drive for them.

Steven
Owner

juks wrote:Your news item says: Quote: "It's not the first time that the Fin was caught to drink and drive. " Unquote
That is a untrue lie that I have a problem with, and you refuse to remove. It in not referring to drinking in general.
Look mate, according to that newspaper, it is indeed not the first time he got catched driving drunk. If you understand some dutch, here is the source:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art_24 ... egorieArt6

I won't bother discussing this further as we reported to you all what this Belgian newspaper wrote. It may have been a rumour that got out of hand, but it was published then, and nothing was added by us.

Ciro Pabón

juks wrote:So what if the guy likes getting drunk on his free time?
:roll: I am not referring to Kimi but stating this in general: I guess you have to get older or wiser to differentiate between drinking and getting drunk. Getting drunk it is not the best thing for your sporting career, juks!

Kimi could drink, but surely he must know that it is better to refrain of getting drunk in public. You can understand that if, later on, you are accused of DUI, it does not help you to convince people like me of your innocence. I have seen (and have had to work with) many drunkards in my life: alcoholism is a sickness, not a choice. And, pleeeze, I am not saying Kimi did DUI: he simply was accused of it. It would be like Montoya accused of "eating and driving"... :)

I can understand you being upset: after all, the news came when Kimi is, perhaps, planning to move to Ferrari and this is not going to help. As Principessa points out, now he has to PROVE he did not do it.

Finally, if you play, let's say, basketball for a living, it is definitely wrong to get drunk, juks, my man, even in your free time. Sportmen live of their bodies, you know. It is like an aerodynamicist downloading games in the company's Fluent PC array: it won't get you a promotion, even if (maybe) you can do it in your spare time. Is this too hard to understand?
Ciro

juks

Tomba wrote:
I won't bother discussing this further as we reported to you all what this Belgian newspaper wrote. It may have been a rumour that got out of hand, but it was published then, and nothing was added by us.
Yr dutch 'newpaper' has it wrong. Kimi would have lost his license immediately had that ever happened..

I did notice that you copied word by word from the article, incl the headline. Very innovative...

juks

Ciro Pabón wrote:
juks wrote:So what if the guy likes getting drunk on his free time?
:roll: I am not referring to Kimi but stating this in general: I guess you have to get older or wiser to differentiate between drinking and getting drunk. Getting drunk it is not the best thing for your sporting career, juks!
Notice that I wasn't even responding to you... :roll:

So what? Do you go around worrying about everybody who has a drink or few too much? If Kimi wants to damage HIS health by drinking too much, then that's his own decision. It's his sporting career, not yours...

So you are trating every person who has been drunk in public as a probable DUI? Good luck...

He doesn't have to prove anything, but he can if he so chooses to go after people who spread false rumours, and he can ask financial compensation from those people. And that includes this site.
Finally, if you play, let's say, basketball for a living, it is definitely wrong to get drunk, juks, my man, even in your free time.
And many sports men do get drunk nevertheless. So what? If they over do it, their performance suffers and they get kicked out. Simple. Why get on a high horse about it like you do? The one suffering the consequences is the sportsman who drank too much, nobody else.

Do you really think you whining about somebody's drinking habbits here is going to change anyting?

Steven
Owner

1. The newspaper was wrong
2. The title was not copied from the dutch newspaper (check your facts)
3. That newspaper is the most popular of Belgium
4. Rumours find their own way
5. This topic is closed
6. Feel free to discuss anything else on this forum