Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
StrFerrari4Ever

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

What a brilliant qualifying session apart from the Felipe Massa crash I wish him a speedy recovery. Q1 unlucky Jaime(kind of expected).
Q2 Rubens :P Shame , Buemi performed well despite missing out on Q3
& Q3 itself how about that everyone was obvlivious seeing all of Vettel's lap I thought he got pole then hearing Alonso fastest I was surprised but expected it to be honest.
Then in Parc Ferme what was your time? that was brilliant and Button in 8th the Lord is asnwering my prayers :D tommorow I hope Lewis doesn't get in the way of the Red Bull's if he doesn't then I can see them getting a 1-2 but before all that we wait for the fuel loads!

jonathan189
jonathan189

Wow, McLaren and Renault's performance improvement has been stunning. Shame I'm a Ferrari fan. :cry:

ISLAMATRON

Alonso knows when he's gonna get pole because they put 2 drops of fuel in the car... he'll be pitting while the other cars are still lining up for the start grid.

timbo
timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:Alonso knows when he's gonna get pole because they put 2 drops of fuel in the car... he'll be pitting while the other cars are still lining up for the start grid.
Of course.
Last race you told FL doesn't matter, this race - that pole position means nothing :D
We'll see.

jonathan189
jonathan189

Incidentally, Button's championship lead is really vulnerable now. I'm starting to think for the first time that his chances of taking the title are less than 50-50. The Brawn is not nearly as good as I thought it was.

Gonner
Gonner

FL is very important in Hungary, very hard to overtake.

But I believe Alonso's lghter than anybody else.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Alonso knows when he's gonna get pole because they put 2 drops of fuel in the car... he'll be pitting while the other cars are still lining up for the start grid.
Of course.
Last race you told FL doesn't matter, this race - that pole position means nothing :D
We'll see.
It will definatly mean something if he has a relatively realistic fuel load onboard, or make a 3 stop strategy work.

Problem with the 3 stopper is that after his early first stop he'll probly be stuck behind the KERS cars of Kovi & Kimi with no way to pass, that will equal a big fail... we've seen Renault try this stupid light fuel load qually before to come out looking like fools... except of course in Singapore when Flav pressed Jr's "CRASH NOW" button.
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 25 Jul 2009, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:It will definatly mean something if he has a relatively realistic fuel load onboard, or make a 3 stop strategy work.
Still it means that the car has improved and that Alonso is in good shape. We've yet to see Friday Champion on pole, aren't we?
Alonso was P10 in Q2(barely got in), yes the car has improved relative to the field, but it is still not good enough to be on pole with a race winning fuel strategy load. Hence the low fuel qually.

djos

Has anyone got a youtube link for the post Qually press conference - due to the delays we didn't get it on ONE-HD. :(
"In downforce we trust"

timbo
timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:Alonso was P10 in Q2(barely got in), yes the car has improved relative to the field, but it is still not good enough to be on pole with a race winning fuel strategy load. Hence the low fuel qually.
Yes, it's still not a race winning car, but it is fairly good. He might have not an ideal lap in Q2. For example Piquet was at P5 in Q1 and Alonso behind him.

Gonner
Gonner

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Gonner wrote:FL is very important in Hungary, very hard to overtake.

But I believe Alonso's lghter than anybody else.

FL is not worth a damn, but a pole lap surely is... we were talking about the FL in the race :wink:
By FL I meant Front Line, not Fastest Lap. ( I've been " lost in translation " ) :(

http://www.f1technical.net/news/12937
Alonso wants points. If Lewis doesn't pass any RedBull before the first corner, it could be another 1-2 for the austrian team.
Last edited by Gonner on 25 Jul 2009, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Alonso was P10 in Q2(barely got in), yes the car has improved relative to the field, but it is still not good enough to be on pole with a race winning fuel strategy load. Hence the low fuel qually.
Yes, it's still not a race winning car, but it is fairly good. He might have not an ideal lap in Q2. For example Piquet was at P5 in Q1 and Alonso behind him.
Yep, maybe his car is more set up for having race fuel onboard. And so his Q1 & Q2 times are not with the car with its best balance.

jon-mullen

ISLAMATRON wrote:
timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:It will definatly mean something if he has a relatively realistic fuel load onboard, or make a 3 stop strategy work.
Still it means that the car has improved and that Alonso is in good shape. We've yet to see Friday Champion on pole, aren't we?
Alonso was P10 in Q2(barely got in), yes the car has improved relative to the field, but it is still not good enough to be on pole with a race winning fuel strategy load. Hence the low fuel qually.
You weighed his car yourself then? Of course no two-time world champ has ever dug deep and pulled out a good lap in Q3, it doesn't happen. I'm not saying he'll win or won't pit on lap 10, but now that they publish post-quali weights there's no point to arguing this before they come out.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

ISLAMATRON

jon-mullen wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
timbo wrote: Still it means that the car has improved and that Alonso is in good shape. We've yet to see Friday Champion on pole, aren't we?
You weighed his car yourself then? Of course no two-time world champ has ever dug deep and pulled out a good lap in Q3, it doesn't happen. I'm not saying he'll win or won't pit on lap 10, but now that they publish post-quali weights there's no point to arguing this before they come out.
Wanna bet how much fuel he has on board relative to the rest of the Q3 field? Put your money where your fanboyism is... just kidding man... Alonso's a pretty good driver, but its pretty clear he's on light fuel. 2 time WDC or not, a driver can only get 100% out of the car, and sometimes even that isnt good enough.

Steven
Owner

Guys, I've split the discussion about Massa's accident to a different thread:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=7106