Renault R29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
timbo
82
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 am

Re: Renault R29

Postby timbo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Yep, looks like a Monza package.

astracrazy
47
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Renault R29

Postby astracrazy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 am

new front wing on the renault?

Image

old one below

Image

imightbewrong
13
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Renault R29

Postby imightbewrong » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:36 am

new front wing and the
Image

New brake ducts with wheel shields
Image

They also have a new diffuser, but found no good pictures of that

Shrek
0
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 am
Location: right here

Re: Renault R29

Postby Shrek » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 pm

that's not a new wing
Spencer

imightbewrong
13
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Renault R29

Postby imightbewrong » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Shrek wrote:that's not a new wing

Sure it is, at least a new revision, look at the vertical white fins. Those are new.

The new diffuser:
Image

Shrek
0
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 am
Location: right here

Re: Renault R29

Postby Shrek » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 pm

imightbewrong wrote:
Shrek wrote:that's not a new wing

Sure it is, at least a new revision, look at the vertical white fins. Those are new.

oops didn't see that
Spencer

imightbewrong
13
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Renault R29

Postby imightbewrong » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:45 pm

According to Alonso the R29 development has practically stopped now, and that the car they had in Valencia will be pretty much what they end the season with.

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/audio ... dep_2/Aes/

StrFerrari4Ever
0
User avatar
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: London , England

Re: Renault R29

Postby StrFerrari4Ever » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:40 pm

What about the package Grosjean straightline tested it seemed to have upgrades which looked like a Monza spec are they gonna run that or will they just stay with the Valencia car. Because that Monza spec car looked interesting with the curved area on the wing.

imightbewrong
13
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Renault R29

Postby imightbewrong » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:50 pm

StrFerrari4Ever wrote:What about the package Grosjean straightline tested it seemed to have upgrades which looked like a Monza spec are they gonna run that or will they just stay with the Valencia car. Because that Monza spec car looked interesting with the curved area on the wing.


Well, they'll have to have something monza specific, and I guess that it is what we saw on that test. But I don't think ther will be much more

StrFerrari4Ever
0
User avatar
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: London , England

Re: Renault R29

Postby StrFerrari4Ever » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeah your right just the Monza Special flex their muscles with that weak Renault engine well in the Red Bull's it seems weak.

ESPImperium
86
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Renault R29

Postby ESPImperium » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 pm


ISLAMATRON
0
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Re: Renault R29

Postby ISLAMATRON » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Image

Is that the access hole for the wing adjustment mechanism under the nose there? Much more efficient placement than at the wind end plates.

timbo
82
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 am

Re: Renault R29

Postby timbo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 pm

ISLAMATRON wrote:Is that the access hole for the wing adjustment mechanism under the nose there? Much more efficient placement than at the wind end plates.

Maybe it is ballast compartment, so they can easily change weights?

wesley123
167
User avatar
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: Renault R29

Postby wesley123 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 pm

timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Is that the access hole for the wing adjustment mechanism under the nose there? Much more efficient placement than at the wind end plates.

Maybe it is ballast compartment, so they can easily change weights?


wont you think it is pretty unlogical as then your car would be underweight.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ISLAMATRON
0
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Re: Renault R29

Postby ISLAMATRON » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 pm

hmmm very UNlogical indeed




Return to “F1 Car Hardware & Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 360Spider, boyracer94 and 13 guests