Random race images

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Giblet

Re: Random race images

IRL is trouble anyways right now. This years 500 was one of the least watched in modern history. If racing that tight and exciting can't make people come out, there is trouble.

We used to have real racers with real reputations racing in Indy. Fittipaldi, Andretti, Mansel, Zanardi, etc and they were running with American drivers like Sullivan and Foyt.

The series has very little 'panache' that way anymore, with gimmicky drivers like Patrick only able to sell so many tickets.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

richard_leeds wrote:
raceman wrote: :o

boy, this is awsome photo!!! must have been a nail-biting race
what a timing to click the snap..... simply wonderful
They probably circulated like that for several laps ;) .

OK I'm envious about a race series that can have 3 cars abreast like that. However, I just don't "get" oval racing. :(
Well, for one thing it allows 3 abreast racing lap after lap.

Giblet

Scotracer wrote:Picture request: a high res image of the 1999 BTCC Honda Accord on-track.

And no, not a Google Images job - I've already searched that multiple times ;)

Thanks in advance :D

This one, just so you know...

=P~
Try Bing.com M$'s search engine. When searching it's image search, I git a completely different listing than the one from godgle.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Shrek

Giblet wrote:IRL is trouble anyways right now. This years 500 was one of the least watched in modern history. If racing that tight and exciting can't make people come out, there is trouble.

We used to have real racers with real reputations racing in Indy. Fittipaldi, Andretti, Mansel, Zanardi, etc and they were running with American drivers like Sullivan and Foyt.

The series has very little 'panache' that way anymore, with gimmicky drivers like Patrick only able to sell so many tickets.
Thank Tony George for that and he said when he started it was going to still be all american (so i'm told) and look at it now, I was watching the 1995 Indy 500 they were racing with American engines(Ford, Buick, and Chevy) and going 240 mph with those hanford wings. I could live without them going 240 but that's about the only thing i could live without. Way to go Tony
Spencer

Scotracer

Giblet wrote:
Scotracer wrote:Picture request: a high res image of the 1999 BTCC Honda Accord on-track.

And no, not a Google Images job - I've already searched that multiple times ;)

Thanks in advance :D

This one, just so you know...

=P~
Try Bing.com M$'s search engine. When searching it's image search, I git a completely different listing than the one from godgle.
Just had a look. Got some interesting photos but nothing large enough for what I'm looking for :( Thanks anyway :)
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

flynfrog

Shrek wrote:
Giblet wrote:IRL is trouble anyways right now. This years 500 was one of the least watched in modern history. If racing that tight and exciting can't make people come out, there is trouble.

Thank Tony George for that and he said when he started it was going to still be all american (so i'm told) and look at it now, I was watching the 1995 Indy 500 they were racing with American engines(Ford, Buick, and Chevy) and going 240 mph with those hanford wings. I could live without them going 240 but that's about the only thing i could live without. Way to go Tony
look at it from the 70s back when it was a RWYB series way cooler. Turbines AWD Diesels capsule car the school bus engine Offys

mx_tifoso

RB4 at the demo in Japan.

I love the rear end shots of the WTCC BMW's.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

wesley123

lol, how can that acura come there?

Only three chassis made, for Petron and De Ferran, the Petron car was written off in Road Atlanta practice, so there are 2 left, explaination please how that car can come on that pic?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mx_tifoso

ALMS @ Dry Lagoon.

Undressed F430.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Carlos

Wesley... I think that's the Acura of Gil de Ferran, painted in Chaparral's traditional white livery and number, paying gentlemanly tribute to Jim Hall. Gil de Ferran took 2 wins for Chaparral in Cart being awarded Rookie of the Year in ... was it 96? If I'm not mistaken the track must be Laguna Seca and I'm very sure that must be Jim Hall driving the last Chaparral, he drove with a visored, open faced, silver, Bell helmet.

modbaraban

Yes that's Gil, I also heard he's got the pole. That's his last race before retirement!

ds.raikkonen

One of the best dog-fights in F1 ever? Shame Kimi did nt finish in the end.....
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

wesley123

Carlos wrote:Wesley... I think that's the Acura of Gil de Ferran, painted in Chaparral's traditional white livery and number, paying gentlemanly tribute to Jim Hall. Gil de Ferran took 2 wins for Chaparral in Cart being awarded Rookie of the Year in ... was it 96? If I'm not mistaken the track must be Laguna Seca and I'm very sure that must be Jim Hall driving the last Chaparral, he drove with a visored, open faced, silver, Bell helmet.
Thanks! That explains why
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

greenpower dude reloaded

Sorry Guys, I just couldn't resist so I thought whilst i had a second..

Right.... I've got work to do!