Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
siskue2005
105
User avatar
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby siskue2005 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:16 pm

JamesS wrote:IMO Alonso going to Ferrari is bad for Massa. Alonso will expect to be number #1 (and rightly so with two WDC's), if he isn't (or perceives he isn't) it will be McLaren 2007 all over again.

i dont think Ferrari will give Alonso No1 status from the word go
remember Massa is still Ferrari's baby, and with Schumy watching over like a Big Bro i dont think he will be left down.... we can be 100% sure that Ferrari are going to fair with Massa and Alonso.

nuno
0
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby nuno » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:22 pm

siskue2005 wrote:i dont think Ferrari will give Alonso No1 status from the word go remember Massa is still Ferrari's baby, and with Schumy watching over like a Big Bro i dont think he will be left down.... we can be 100% sure that Ferrari are going to fair with Massa and Alonso.


they should not repeat someone's mistake: "we are not racing against Ferrari. we are racing against Alonso."
OK. let's say Massa will get an equal status with Alonso. but i guess this should raise a question - why do they need Alonso if Massa is so good (if not counting on Santander's money)?

siskue2005
105
User avatar
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby siskue2005 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:58 pm

nuno wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:i dont think Ferrari will give Alonso No1 status from the word go remember Massa is still Ferrari's baby, and with Schumy watching over like a Big Bro i dont think he will be left down.... we can be 100% sure that Ferrari are going to fair with Massa and Alonso.


they should not repeat someone's mistake: "we are not racing against Ferrari. we are racing against Alonso."
OK. let's say Massa will get an equal status with Alonso. but i guess this should raise a question - why do they need Alonso if Massa is so good (if not counting on Santander's money)?

What Ron said was a mistake
But that doesnt mean you just serve everything on a silver plate when Alonso comes
Massa should be given equal chance, and i am sure thats what is going to happen
and they are surely counting on Santander's money as Marlboro is slowly but surely leaving Ferrari in a year

nuno
0
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby nuno » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:15 pm

siskue2005 wrote: What Ron said was a mistake
But that doesnt mean you just serve everything on a silver plate when Alonso comes
Massa should be given equal chance, and i am sure thats what is going to happen
and they are surely counting on Santander's money as Marlboro is slowly but surely leaving Ferrari in a year


mistake - it's maybe not what Ron said - it's what Ron did.
yes - there shouldn't be any silver plates but one who is faster shouldn't be stopped (and it should work for both: Massa and Alonso).
again. if Kimi still has some power I would predict more problems at McLaren than Ferrari.

ringo
176
User avatar
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby ringo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:36 am

You know I have a feeling Ferrari are banking on Massa, even though he is injured, just as a loop hole to get Shumacher back in the seat.
It would rather send kimi away who cannot compare to having 2 passionate drivers in Massa and Shumacher; and who are we kidding anyone would send off kimi to bring Shumacher back in the game.
Massa's injury is actually an asset, he could sit out a few races if he is not fit enough to race and have Michael do some of them.
For Sure!!

siskue2005
105
User avatar
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby siskue2005 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:52 pm

nuno wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: What Ron said was a mistake
But that doesnt mean you just serve everything on a silver plate when Alonso comes
Massa should be given equal chance, and i am sure thats what is going to happen
and they are surely counting on Santander's money as Marlboro is slowly but surely leaving Ferrari in a year


mistake - it's maybe not what Ron said - it's what Ron did.
yes - there shouldn't be any silver plates but one who is faster shouldn't be stopped (and it should work for both: Massa and Alonso).
again. if Kimi still has some power I would predict more problems at McLaren than Ferrari.

i think the driver equality will be same as it was during 07,08 and 09
no proper No1 until one is out of the WDC fight
Nothing to the extent to what Alonso is getting in Renault or Lewis in Mclaren now.

Fair fight until one is out of WDC fight

And all this will be applicable only when Ferrari have a race winning car.

sdimm
1
User avatar
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Alonso confirmed to Ferrari!! Link in post.

Postby sdimm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:07 pm

// Mattias

--------------------------

sdimm
1
User avatar
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby sdimm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:08 pm

// Mattias

--------------------------

PlatinumZealot
156
User avatar
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby PlatinumZealot » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah!! =D> =D> =D>
"I appreciate artistry, I appreciate technique, I appreciate strategy, tactics," TDG said. "When I look at him and watch him race, no matter who it is, I see how he breaks down his opponent."

axle
2
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby axle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Finally...now we can all move on!

I think Brawn, McLaren and Williams will all now announce in short order, maybe even Renault too as I think Kubica is going there.

No idea where Heikki is going, maybe he can replace Kubica...
- Axle

SZ
0
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:29 am

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby SZ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Conceptual wrote:Also, does anyone really believe that Alonso will be able to hop into a Ferrari and be able to match Massa?


Try "no one should underestimate the probability that Alonso's new deal at Ferrari involved getting rid of the team's faster driver first".

It'll be interesting to see how Ferrari allocates the pre-season testing split between the two.

Timomies
0
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:04 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby Timomies » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Next season will be AWESOME [-o<

Mr Alcatraz
-27
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: San Diego Ca. USA

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby Mr Alcatraz » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Conceptual wrote:
Also, does anyone really believe that Alonso will be able to hop into a Ferrari and be able to match Massa?

In a completely new car?
Without a doubt! :mrgreen:

I think some of you guys have forgotten how fast this freakin' guy is! :shock:

Hail Caesar




Image
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

tarzoon
0
User avatar
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: White and blue football club

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby tarzoon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:13 pm


jon-mullen
1
User avatar
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:56 am
Location: Big Blue Nation

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Postby jon-mullen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Did everyone get why that option for a 6th year is in the contract?

That's for WDC #8.

Whoooo-ee!
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR




Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bhall II, emp, Google [Bot], mika vs michael, Proximic [Spider], SEMrush [Bot], Tim.Wright and 6 guests