Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
siskue2005

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

JamesS wrote:IMO Alonso going to Ferrari is bad for Massa. Alonso will expect to be number #1 (and rightly so with two WDC's), if he isn't (or perceives he isn't) it will be McLaren 2007 all over again.
i dont think Ferrari will give Alonso No1 status from the word go
remember Massa is still Ferrari's baby, and with Schumy watching over like a Big Bro i dont think he will be left down.... we can be 100% sure that Ferrari are going to fair with Massa and Alonso.

nuno

siskue2005 wrote:i dont think Ferrari will give Alonso No1 status from the word go remember Massa is still Ferrari's baby, and with Schumy watching over like a Big Bro i dont think he will be left down.... we can be 100% sure that Ferrari are going to fair with Massa and Alonso.
they should not repeat someone's mistake: "we are not racing against Ferrari. we are racing against Alonso."
OK. let's say Massa will get an equal status with Alonso. but i guess this should raise a question - why do they need Alonso if Massa is so good (if not counting on Santander's money)?

siskue2005

nuno wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:i dont think Ferrari will give Alonso No1 status from the word go remember Massa is still Ferrari's baby, and with Schumy watching over like a Big Bro i dont think he will be left down.... we can be 100% sure that Ferrari are going to fair with Massa and Alonso.
they should not repeat someone's mistake: "we are not racing against Ferrari. we are racing against Alonso."
OK. let's say Massa will get an equal status with Alonso. but i guess this should raise a question - why do they need Alonso if Massa is so good (if not counting on Santander's money)?
What Ron said was a mistake
But that doesnt mean you just serve everything on a silver plate when Alonso comes
Massa should be given equal chance, and i am sure thats what is going to happen
and they are surely counting on Santander's money as Marlboro is slowly but surely leaving Ferrari in a year

nuno

siskue2005 wrote: What Ron said was a mistake
But that doesnt mean you just serve everything on a silver plate when Alonso comes
and they are surely counting on Santander's money as Marlboro is slowly but surely leaving Ferrari in a year
mistake - it's maybe not what Ron said - it's what Ron did.
yes - there shouldn't be any silver plates but one who is faster shouldn't be stopped (and it should work for both: Massa and Alonso).
again. if Kimi still has some power I would predict more problems at McLaren than Ferrari.

ringo

You know I have a feeling Ferrari are banking on Massa, even though he is injured, just as a loop hole to get Shumacher back in the seat.
It would rather send kimi away who cannot compare to having 2 passionate drivers in Massa and Shumacher; and who are we kidding anyone would send off kimi to bring Shumacher back in the game.
Massa's injury is actually an asset, he could sit out a few races if he is not fit enough to race and have Michael do some of them.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

nuno wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: What Ron said was a mistake
mistake - it's maybe not what Ron said - it's what Ron did.
yes - there shouldn't be any silver plates but one who is faster shouldn't be stopped (and it should work for both: Massa and Alonso).
again. if Kimi still has some power I would predict more problems at McLaren than Ferrari.
i think the driver equality will be same as it was during 07,08 and 09
no proper No1 until one is out of the WDC fight
Nothing to the extent to what Alonso is getting in Renault or Lewis in Mclaren now.

Fair fight until one is out of WDC fight

And all this will be applicable only when Ferrari have a race winning car.

sdimm

Alonso confirmed to Ferrari!! Link in post.

// Mattias

--------------------------

sdimm

// Mattias

--------------------------

PlatinumZealot

Yeah!! =D> =D> =D>
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

axle

Finally...now we can all move on!

I think Brawn, McLaren and Williams will all now announce in short order, maybe even Renault too as I think Kubica is going there.

No idea where Heikki is going, maybe he can replace Kubica...
- Axle

SZ
SZ

Conceptual wrote:Also, does anyone really believe that Alonso will be able to hop into a Ferrari and be able to match Massa?
Try "no one should underestimate the probability that Alonso's new deal at Ferrari involved getting rid of the team's faster driver first".

It'll be interesting to see how Ferrari allocates the pre-season testing split between the two.

Timomies

Next season will be AWESOME [-o<

Mr Alcatraz

Conceptual wrote:
Also, does anyone really believe that Alonso will be able to hop into a Ferrari and be able to match Massa?
In a completely new car?
Without a doubt! :mrgreen:

I think some of you guys have forgotten how fast this freakin' guy is! :shock:

Hail Caesar

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

tarzoon

jon-mullen

Did everyone get why that option for a 6th year is in the contract?

That's for WDC #8.

Whoooo-ee!
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR