Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PNSD

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

They are due for a budget review post-season. I expect it to be much lower than previously..

megz

I too will be sad to see Kimi leave the sport if he does not agree on a seat somewhere for next year.

zgred

He is back...

Kobayashi to race in Abu Dhabi
grandprix.com wrote: Panasonic Toyota Racing has confirmed that Kamui Kobayashi will race for the team in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Kamui, 23, made his Grand Prix debut in Brazil, where he qualified 11th and finished ninth after an impressive debut performance. He once again replaces Timo Glock, who suffered a cracked vertebra and cut leg in an accident during qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix earlier this month.

raceman

Yep!

What a debut for Kamui - loved his fighting spirit! =D>

let's hope he brings good results in the finale..... :)

zgred

That tunnel is very odd for me. Something very artificial to create another unique trademark of that circuit.

dedge

...and this is what I like!
The rest of the track is not really interesting, but the surroundings...
If you make a circuit where the mistake made no difference, where is the proudness of winning on it? We know that a race can be won on the pits, but there not only the mechanics have to be perfect, so as the pilot on the pit lane exit.
Can't wait to see if the track is easy to drive or not.

gator

is the pitlane tunnel subject to the pitlane speed limit? if it is, i wonder if the driver can hold it through the tunnel. or if they will have to slow down a bit to make it though.

who knows, it might make for an interesting moment during the race. where would i go to place a bet on who crashes in the tunnel first?
-gator

ESPImperium

Im expecting there to be maybes 5 or 6 drivers announce/have their drives assured at this race. Same with a few teams with engine supply.

Im expecting this:

Buemi @ STR-Ferarri
Liuzzi @ Force India-Mercedes
Button @ Brawn-Mercedes
Rosberg @ Brawn-Mercedes
Barrichello @ Williams-Cosworth
Hulkenberg @ Williams Cosworth

Im kind of expecting a announcement from McLaren that they have bought the engine department from what was the BMW-Sauber team. Meaning that Mercedes will be free to pour the money into Brawn GP, as i feel that Mercedes will only want supply 2 teams next year leaving Red Bull out in the cold with Renault power.

ESPImperium

gator wrote:is the pitlane tunnel subject to the pitlane speed limit? if it is, i wonder if the driver can hold it through the tunnel. or if they will have to slow down a bit to make it though.

who knows, it might make for an interesting moment during the race. where would i go to place a bet on who crashes in the tunnel first?
The answer to that question is No. The pitlae line is just before the cars go down to the left hander into the tunnel. Meaning there could be a Hamilton @ Shanghai moment in the tunnel, but according to Force India there is suficent space in the tunnel if there is a accedent, its 7 meteres wide and from what i can see has a crane attached to the roof of it for extraction of any cars that choose to park for some reason in there.

Also a driver can make a significant ammount of time on the exit if the practice it enough in FP1, FP2 and FP3, id expect a driver could make up a place or two if they are really dialed inj.

gator

ESPImperium wrote:
gator wrote:is the pitlane tunnel subject to the pitlane speed limit? if it is, i wonder if the driver can hold it through the tunnel. or if they will have to slow down a bit to make it though.

The answer to that question is No. The pitlae line is just before the cars go down to the left hander into the tunnel. Meaning there could be a Hamilton @ Shanghai moment in the tunnel, but according to Force India there is suficent space in the tunnel if there is a accedent, its 7 meteres wide and from what i can see has a crane attached to the roof of it for extraction of any cars that choose to park for some reason in there.

Also a driver can make a significant ammount of time on the exit if the practice it enough in FP1, FP2 and FP3, id expect a driver could make up a place or two if they are really dialed inj.

thanks
-gator

mx_tifoso

Ray wrote:Am I the only one genuinely sad that this may be Kimi's final Formula 1 race?
No. :(
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ringo

But come to think of it he will be a fool for racing. Ferrari will only give him 20 mil if he decides to race for another team, so he will be at a loss of 30 million.
That is a lot of money!
Unless another team pays him 30 million i don't see him racing next year; it's a no brainer, 50 million for sitting a year out is a gift. We have to convince ourselves what 30 million really is before we question kimi's actions.
I sure as hell would not be racing if i stand to lose a potential 30 mil, his wife and family could be pressuring him to sit 2010 out and spend the money with them :P
And going up against Hamilton in the Mclaren there is no way he is going to win a WDC, so the sacrifice will be in vain.

Let's see how he does in his final race in F1.
For Sure!!

Giblet

ringo wrote:But come to think of it he will be a fool for racing. Ferrari will only give him 20 mil if he decides to race for another team, so he will be at a loss of 30 million.
That is a lot of money!
Unless another team pays him 30 million i don't see him racing next year; it's a no brainer, 50 million for sitting a year out is a gift. We have to convince ourselves what 30 million really is before we question kimi's actions.
I sure as hell would not be racing if i stand to lose a potential 30 mil, his wife and family could be pressuring him to sit 2010 out and spend the money with them :P
And going up against Hamilton in the Mclaren there is no way he is going to win a WDC, so the sacrifice will be in vain.

No way he could beat Hamilton to a WDC?

I would be curious why you are so sure, as Kimi has more than proved his speed, and Hamilton has proved he is Human, and keeps making very costly mistakes. Kimi knows the team, and the team knows him.

I would think either would have a chance, but saying no way is a little, Nostradamusy and entirely illogical.

And he is wrong more than right.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

Giblet wrote:
ringo wrote:But come to think of it he will be a fool for racing. Ferrari will only give him 20 mil if he decides to race for another team, so he will be at a loss of 30 million.
That is a lot of money!

No way he could beat Hamilton to a WDC?

I would be curious why you are so sure, as Kimi has more than proved his speed, and Hamilton has proved he is Human, and keeps making very costly mistakes. Kimi knows the team, and the team knows him.

I would think either would have a chance, but saying no way is a little, Nostradamusy and entirely illogical.

And he is wrong more than right.
They'd have 'equal' chances and wouldn't have a 'number one' driver in he team. That's how he wouldn't win against Lewis. :lol: That's just a joke by the way.

PlatinumZealot

I don't think Kimi has any extreme qualities that can help him beat Hamilton. He is fast and intelligent but I don't think that is enough. To me, Alonso is a driver who has no weakness, and look what happened. So Kimi who has shown weakness towards Massa will definitely have a very tough time.

Anyway back on topic.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏