Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Giblet

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

I don't think anyone is being critical of Ferrari having KERS itself, but a driver might make a decision to go around everyone on the outside of the track, if he knows he has an extra 80hp in the bank.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Richard

richard_leeds wrote:Its a near impossible rule to enforce in that situation. We so rarely see any penalty on incidents at the first bend after a start. I think it is simply a matter of survival. Perhaps grass/gravel on that corner would make running wide more of a disadvantage?
Thankfully Charile Whiting has confirmed the above for Monza:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/13314

Also, maybe Spa should use those polysterene blocks they have at Monza?

Saribro

richard_leeds wrote:Also, maybe Spa should use those polysterene blocks they have at Monza?
Wider/longer strip of artificial grass to induce a greater loss of speed might help too.

deepforezt

i think richard said it right.. by running wide u will gather all the dirt and its not easy to cope up again..even in monza kimi was pushed to the grass by hamilton and he looses the momentum ..otherwise kimi would have easily passed hamilton..in the first corner

ds.raikkonen

deepforezt wrote:..even in monza kimi was pushed to the grass by hamilton and he looses the momentum ..otherwise kimi would have easily passed hamilton..in the first corner
Yeah, if it had nt been for that 2 wheel off road excursion for Kimi, he would ve definitely taken the lead. Both the front row cars started slower than the ones behind them and held them all up, it was nt the fastest of getaways monza has ever seen. LH tried to make his car as wide as possible and was lucky that Kimi did nt go on the inside or he could ve definitely taken the lead.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

timbo

Umm... Has anybody saved sector time (basicly the whole timing info) from fia.com?
Seems like they turned down all their storage.

PS seems like all the info on past GPs is password protected. Dunno why? :roll:

ISLAMATRON

I can usually find most of that type of info I need at F1matrix.it

timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:I can usually find most of that type of info I need at F1matrix.it
Thanks! =D>

segedunum

So what? Raikkonen chanced his arm because he felt he had his best, and only, chance of getting a victory in 2009. Let's face it, it's the only victory Ferrari were going to get.