Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

Bit early but it should be good to get the discussion started the 2010 Chinese Grand Prix.

I tried to post the track details and map from the FIA site but it didn't work. Perhaps someone can do this or let me know how!
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 04 Apr 2010, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title was edited to add year.

mx_tifoso

Re: Chinese GP - Shanghai International Circuit

Thanks for the informative thread Andrew.

As for the image, simply get the url and place it in between the Img tags, found above the message area when writing the post. Hotlinking isn't suggested so try an image hosting site such as imageshack.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

2010 Chinese GP - Shanghai

Could andrew or one of the moderators please add the year of the race? The way the thread is opened it lacks a lot. Perhaps andrew should leave that to more experienced users.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

jon-mullen

Vettel's pole lap last year, @ 1:36.184

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73GzP-P7kY[/youtube]
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

raceman

aah

Don't you all think we are opening race threads wayy early?? FP1 of the "immediate next" race hasn't started yet and we have discussions for the race next to the immediate one! I mean, this just creates a bit of a confusion; so can we pls hold off on this trend and open the race thread at appropriate times, i.e. on Monday when we are done with after-race discussions? :?:

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: 2010 Chinese GP - Shanghai

WhiteBlue wrote:Could andrew or one of the moderators please add the year of the race? The way the thread is opened it lacks a lot. Perhaps andrew should leave that to more experienced users.
What's the deal with you?

More experienced users? I thought this was about F1 based discussion, not competition. If you don't want to look at a thread opened by me, please do not view it. That way you won't have to waste space posting an off topic comment. See?

mx_tifosi - thanks for that. I'll make a note of that for the next thread I open. Cheers!

mx_tifoso

You're welcome.

I'll try to explain the comments made by WB, if you don't mind. The thing is that there is almost specific information that should be included in the title of each race thread, such as the country name, year, and maybe the circuit name, so that it can be clearly identified amongst the other threads for the same country. And in the actual post you might want to include some sort of comment/insight along with a map or video. Just something that will get the thread going and give it a base to start off with. And that's why he said that this should be left to the more experienced members, so that they have more of a chance to get it 'right'.

Creating the GP threads carries a large burden and responsibility here at F1T. Image
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ringo

Re: Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

redbull 1 2 again. High downforce track, highest downforce wins. :|
For Sure!!

TheMinister

This one will probably be another snoozefest like bahrain. Rain is less likely than the last two races, and the track has very few redeeming features- far too easy to pass someone on the back straight, with no way of getting back at them. Also a fast turn 1.

Red bull 1 2 due to high speed corners, Mclaren and ferrari about equal for 3rd-6th (highest top speed will determine which wins- F duct or Ferrari engine...?). Force INDYA might go well.

Eddie Jordan will wear a red shirt with dragons.

manchild

My favorite parts of the circuit are Tienanmen straightening and Tibet chicanery.

Falun Gong to organizers!

LegendaryM

TheMinister wrote:This one will probably be another snoozefest like bahrain. Rain is less likely than the last two races, and the track has very few redeeming features- far too easy to pass someone on the back straight, with no way of getting back at them. Also a fast turn 1.

Red bull 1 2 due to high speed corners, Mclaren and ferrari about equal for 3rd-6th (highest top speed will determine which wins- F duct or Ferrari engine...?). Force INDYA might go well.

Eddie Jordan will wear a red shirt with dragons.
it usually rain here. Its rained in 2006, 2007 and 2009
MRVC: Tolo Racing

WhiteBlue

Re: 2010 Chinese GP - Shanghai

andrew wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Could andrew or one of the moderators please add the year of the race? The way the thread is opened it lacks a lot. Perhaps andrew should leave that to more experienced users.
What's the deal with you?

More experienced users? I thought this was about F1 based discussion, not competition. If you don't want to look at a thread opened by me, please do not view it. That way you won't have to waste space posting an off topic comment. See?

mx_tifosi - thanks for that. I'll make a note of that for the next thread I open. Cheers!
andrew wrote:... Yes I am aware that I made an error (big whoop!!! Turns out I am only human after all!!! Dammitt!!). There is no need to post comments to imply that you are shouting - let us all remain civil. I would have thought it pretty obvious that this is the 2010 race but we can easily discuss the 2009 one if you want. :lol:
I think that the moderator has explained to you in great detail why there is a traditional way to open a race weekend thread here at F1technical. The year we add mainly to enable people to find it by search. That way you can later add posts to the correct thread. There was no offense meant by my comment.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mach11

hi guys,

well looking at the results of the past 3 races one thing is clear... redbull are freakin fast... but we have 3 different drivers winning each of the 3 grand prix ( yes various factors influenced their victories ).... but i feel this season the challenge to the title is more open...

as of now no team has dominated the championship... including redbull ( with their reliability problems )...

coming to the mid field teams... over the past few grand prix both the toro-rosa cars have been doing extremly well and the renault has showen very good performances.. williams has also obtained a very good result in malaysia...and force india... well they are catching up with the big boys at an alarming rate... even here after 3 races there is not a single team who is a clear winner.....

with regard to the new teams, lotus clearly have established that they are the best new team... but when we see the results HRT have been finishing the full race distance in australia and in malaysia....

concluding, i feel this season unlike the previous ones... no team has dominated from the begining.... it is very interesting as to how the teams will approach the chinese grand prix....also this new refuelling ban has brought the teams to a level playing field and now the focus is shifted on the ability of the driver to conserve his tires....more thought is going in to each race... all teams gambling on what tyre strategy to use...

i am sure we are in for a bigger surprise in 2 weeks time....

cheers!!!!!
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

King Six

F-duck will probably be even more noticeable on this track. They said that Mac were running a wetter setup in anticipation for rain in Malaysia so the duck wasn't as useful as it could have been. Red Bull probably will dominate still, nobody can catch them right now.

It says China has the longest straight but I thought Abu Dhabi had taken that record?

Giblet

This might be the last year for this race. Attendance figures have been dropping year on year, and some of the biggest grandstands have been used for advertising in the last race. All general admission seats are sold out, but not a single grandstand. It usually goes the other way around.

Since the 7 year contract is done after this year, and no renewal in immediate sight, this might be the last chance to enjoy authentic Dim Sum while F1 cars roar in the background.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute