Spanish GP 2010 - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mr moda

Re: Spanish GP 2010 - Barcelona

From the Malaysian thread:

I guess that Vettel has stamped his authority over Webber and that Webber will loose the psychological battle for the championship sometime in the next three or four races

Ahem.

mike

feels like heki's accident, but the good thing is they had enough loadings on the rim to break it.....
i think in 2009 their car werent quick enough to cause this kinda of failure

djos

mr moda wrote:From the Malaysian thread:

I guess that Vettel has stamped his authority over Webber and that Webber will loose the psychological battle for the championship sometime in the next three or four races

Ahem.
hehe, never count an Aussie out! :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Can anyone shed some light on the Williams stoush that seem to flare up at least twice between Sam Michael and Pony-tail guy?

It got so bad that during the Race Sam was actually standing with the pit crew watching them and after one of their cars had pitted, Pony-tail guy got right in Sam's face and was really animated (apparently something between them happened on Saturday too).
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

I thought moments before Lewis crash, the TV was showing Martin Whitmarsh talking on the microphone of something. Was that an indication that pitlane already knew something was not right on Lewis car before it crashes?

ISLAMATRON

Saw that too... was a bit suspicious

andartop

jon-mullen wrote:Did anyone else notice the sparkly stuff that was flying through the air at one point?
I thought that was just leaves...

In any case, I am sure there are people both at McLaren and BS who are getting paid rather well to find out exactly what happened, so why don't we let them do it for us?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

WhiteBlue

djos wrote:
mr moda wrote:From the Malaysian thread:

Ahem.
hehe, never count an Aussie out! :lol:
I have to say that I under estimated Webber. He is obviously a robust character. Webber must have done thousands of laps in Barcelona and that may have helped him this weekend. I still think that over all Vettel is the stronger driver. So I look forward to the WDC fight.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

tok-tokkie

Poleman wrote:There is nothing to do with LH driving or Bridgestone.After watching the replay countless times trying to capture the moment,it seems that is a rim failure (i guess might be something else)...Looks like the inside ring of the rim fell off as you can see in the screenshot and the moment it flies away it slashes the inside wall of the tire causing the puncture.Your thoughts?... :roll:

I wish there had been objective posts like this instead of uninformed & unsubstantiated posts about tyre problems caused by poor driving style. This used to be a site where things were discussed based on engineering theory & evidence. Now we have many ill informed newcomers who are degrading the site. There needs to be some moderator intervention if this site is to be restored to its former glory.

marcush.

I instantly saw a piece of the car been detached from the front left corner on the TV..
quite difficult to judge what it was ,but on first impression it looked like part of the brakedrum.

nipo

For a change - How many people agree with Ross Brawn's claim that Schumacher has continued to make the progress he has been making in the first three races?

I cannot say for sure but I agree with someone on this forum that maybe Button needs a little creativity in passing? Like going to the outside first then dive into the inside? MS was defending great yeah maybe but I do think Button could have done a bit better than that.

In fact, MS was towing a whole bunch of cars. At some point Adrian Sutil and Robert Kubica were catching up with the Schumacher-Button-Massa pack. Maybe car performance is only part of that and MS still has some more rust to shed.

Schumi resurgence or not, the last thing I want is for this to be "manufactured" by engineering the car Michael's way... look at Rosberg... :cry:

Pedro

Fastest laps

- Hamilton almost 0.5 faster than Webber's Red Bull
- Petrov as fast as Kubica
- Massa way (almost 0.7 sec) behind Alonso
- Rosberg beat Schumacher again

Source: F1news.cz
http://f1news.cz/novinky/34682-mclaren- ... -red-bull/
Last edited by Pedro on 10 May 2010, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.f1news.cz

Pedro

http://www.f1news.cz

iwantmore

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

so disappointed to see hamilton spliting the "1 second per lap faster" red bulls just to go into the barriers when he could almost coast to line.

no that we know (think) this is a rim failure maybe they can approach the fia to release there rim homoglation to "fix the saftey issue" and in the process design some of those trick ferrari rims.

would the fia let them do that? or just fix the rims?

myurr

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

segedunum wrote:
ringo wrote:Fastest lap of the race. Almost if Redbull is geared to be fast specially for qualifying. In the race the Mclaren is the quickest once again. Or maybe it's the driver.
The fastest lap means very little in all honesty when it is set on low fuel when you have no hope of victory and are fifteen seconds back down the road. When it all counted Mark Webber still pulled out six or seven tenths on any given lap whenever he needed it.

The simple arithmetic is that McLaren have to find between half a second and a second in downforce to be able to compete for victories and certainly to get track position in qualifying.

Having said all that though, half a second should be enough because I'm certain McLaren with their tyre modelling systems are getting more out of the tyres during the race and are further ahead in knowing when to conserve them. Red Bull look too uncertain in that department, so that's a definite plus for McLaren.
I've got a bit of a theory on this. I think the Red Bull is the faster car but has a smaller operating window, with the McLaren being a bit slower but over a much wider range of conditions. Hence when they get it all set up for qualifying (and dial it in further between runs) they're by far the quickest and especially so in Q3 where they seem to take another step forward over their Q2 pace. But then in the race when the conditions have changed a bit the McLaren is still there on pace whereas the Red Bull has slipped back a bit.