before posting, please read and take into account the following rules and guidelines. The terms are retroactive and valid for everyone around here.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
- All members noting a post in the wrong forum or with inappropriate content are encouraged to "report" the post to a moderator.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. Any inline image tag pointing to slow external systems may be replaced with a link without prior notice from the moderator.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "What are the different types of CVT", "What benefits would slicks bring", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes advertising your own projects and posting abusive text, images or links. If any of those are found not to be in the interest of other members, the post will be changed or removed and the poster may receive a warning.
- Members continuously posting the same idea or message to prove their right across different threads will be considered spammers and will be treated as such.
- Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster.
- With respect to the forum voting system, one should not ask for votes on their own posts. Requests like these may end up in a warning. Similarly, voting up a post for which an explicit upvote request was made is subject to a warning.
- The moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
Posts likely to be removed include those that only contain "+1" or a number of smilies. You are encouraged to motivate your opinion instead.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- When a user acquires 3 warnings a temporary ban will be instated. The length of such a ban is determined by the moderators and varies from 7 days to several months.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While we may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.