Williams FW32 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:17 am

Is it just me or does this wing look kinda low downforce???
Holm86
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 am

I could be wrong but doesn't look too low on downforce. THe main plane though looks like they took it off an earlier Renault fw
失败者找理由,成功者找方法
raymondu999
 
Joined: 4 Feb 2010

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 am

Very fragile...
Confused_Andy
 
Joined: 8 Jul 2009

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 am

Francesc wrote:New FW
Image
Image


Williams, Renault, McLaren, RedBull, I love how some teams really turn their front wings into pieces of art that look very complicated. Yet Ferrari chooses to run a clean 2 or 3 flap wing with no fuzz on it.
TheRMVR
 
Joined: 22 Apr 2010

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:55 am

TheRMVR wrote:Williams, Renault, McLaren, RedBull, I love how some teams really turn their front wings into pieces of art that look very complicated. Yet Ferrari chooses to run a clean 2 or 3 flap wing with no fuzz on it.


Maybe the aero guys at Ferrari have contracts/job security already for another few years so they don't feel the pressure to make intricate and complex parts, but the other teams want their aero guys to do something serious to get those pay checks.
volarchico
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2010

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:58 am

Image
Francesc
 
Joined: 20 Jun 2009

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:22 pm

volarchico wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:Williams, Renault, McLaren, RedBull, I love how some teams really turn their front wings into pieces of art that look very complicated. Yet Ferrari chooses to run a clean 2 or 3 flap wing with no fuzz on it.


Maybe the aero guys at Ferrari have contracts/job security already for another few years so they don't feel the pressure to make intricate and complex parts, but the other teams want their aero guys to do something serious to get those pay checks.


Effective simplicity. Less is more. What could be better? (And I'll bet the aero guys at Ferrari ARE under pressure to create an effective overall aero solution.)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill
donskar
 
Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Location: Cardboard box, end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Francesc wrote:Image

What's that slot behind the Phillips in the sidepod
Spencer
Shrek
 
Joined: 5 Jun 2009
Location: right here

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Mmmm I can't see a slot, I can see a green thing on top and a shadow on the side but no slot.

Did you mean the green bit? I'd assume it was a temerature indicating strip. As the rads/exhaust are in the area.
- Axle
axle
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Location: Norfolk, UK

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 pm

axle wrote:Mmmm I can't see a slot, I can see a green thing on top and a shadow on the side but no slot.

Did you mean the green bit? I'd assume it was a temerature indicating strip. As the rads/exhaust are in the area.

I think he means the one close to the cockpit. If so it would be a hot air escape.
wrcsti
 
Joined: 6 Apr 2009

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Image
right here
Spencer
Shrek
 
Joined: 5 Jun 2009
Location: right here

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm

that is just an illusion, cooling holes arent even allowed in that area
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender
wesley123
 
Joined: 23 Feb 2008

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
zgred
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2009

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Image
zgred
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2009

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 pm

This car is looking genuinely fast now that the season is coming to an end, hopefully they can continue this form with the FW33.
Byronrhys
 
Joined: 9 Aug 2010

PreviousNext

Return to F1 Car Hardware & Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coefficient, diffuser, zioture and 8 guests