Patrick McNally now marketing director of F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Patrick McNally now marketing director of F1

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=42148
Pitpass wrote:McNally set up Swiss-based company Allsport Management to run the Paddock Club and Ecclestone granted it exclusive rights to organise hospitality at F1 circuits. CVC paid an estimated £165m for Allsport in May 2006. McNally's fortune now stands at £562m. He remains a director of Allsport and a 1% shareholder in the Jersey-based company Delta Topco which ultimately owns F1's commercial rights.
This is an interesting piece of news. McNally is a 1% share holder of the F1 holding company and could well be the designated successor to Bernie. Good news indeed. Anyone is better than Briatore.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Patrick McNally now marketing director of F1

I thought Bernie's airhead daughter was next in line to the throne? I can't see Bernie retiring until be in planted in the ground.

WhiteBlue

andrew wrote:I thought Bernie's airhead daughter was next in line to the throne? I can't see Bernie retiring until be in planted in the ground.
Bernie's equity share nowadays is very small and the owners are not likely to make a decision on succession based on nepotism. None of the Ecclestone girls has done anything that would suggest they could inherit the job of their father IMO.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive
xpensive

I wonder just how much cash MrE's not-so-airhead-x-trophy-wife ran away with?

Money which F1-fans and tax-payers alike will have to compensate for years to come...suckers! =D>
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

You probably remember that Bernie exited F1 with his private money prior to CVC aquiring the business. If I remember right he got between 1 and two billion out of that deal. Slavia was on 50% of all Bernies family fortune by the time she bolted. He was worth some four or five billion $ by then. So you can bet she got north of one billion pounds out of him even with compromises for a quick settlement and probably no access to the money earmarked for Tamara and Petra.

Pup
Pup

I'm not sure Pit Pass is really reporting anything here. It sounds if anything that Sylt was pestering Bernie about Flavio, and Bernie said something dismissive like "We've already got a marketing director, next question."

andrew
andrew

Are you implying that pitpass would make a mountain out of a molehill? :lol:

Pup
Pup

Why, nonsense. Just because the organization that supposedly called for a "marketing director" is F100, an organization founded by Mr. Sylt himself, and perhaps only existing in his imagination and a few press releases, and about which, Mr. Ecclestone said...
“The people behind this thing have no investment in F1. They’re just being silly.”
...doesn't mean that I think...no, wait, come to think of it, that's exactly what I think. :lol:

xpensive
xpensive

I wonder, if you're dating a pound-billionaire, though being a 50+ divorcee, reckon she would split the bill?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

andrew
andrew

xpensive wrote:I wonder, if you're dating a pound-billionaire, though being a 50+ divorcee, reckon she would split the bill?
Try marrying her, divorce her and report back from your gold plated PC and let us know how you got on! :lol: