Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zenithbeach

Re: Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

marcush. wrote:Mark Webber is quite philosophical lately..maybe he will open his mouth after winning the silverware and voice his true emotions of late ...aussies can be quite outspoken
I imagine... I don´t think we will see him driving for RB next season.

i used to like mark and wanted him to win the championship, until he started acting like a little boy talkin sh*t about other drivers. i dont know about other people, but i prefer drivers who just shut up and drive and show how good they are instead of moaning and complaining that the team is being unfair to them. boo hoo! thats the world man, deal with it and win some races! :?

btw why did rosberg end up racing the backmarkers? did they not realise he was a lap in front of them? :?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mandrake

Alonso does not have to fight an enemy within. There is 1 extra car that the Red Bulls have to face that alonso does not...each other.
My point here is that Alonso neednt worry about any internal frictions. All he needs is 2nd place if Webber wins and 3rd if Vettel wins.

Now put it this way, if Vettel is leading and Alonso is third..do you see Webber holding station so his "mate" can win? I dont.

Can you see Vettel holding second so his "mate" Webber can win? Nope, I dont see it.

Both would rather crash and burn than see the other win, we have seen it before and they didnt even look at each other on the podium. This in itself is quite a giveaway.
Alonso is both these guys second choice as champion.
More could have been done.
David Purley

kalinka

zenithbeach wrote:
marcush. wrote:Mark Webber is quite philosophical lately..maybe he will open his mouth after winning the silverware and voice his true emotions of late ...aussies can be quite outspoken
I imagine... I don´t think we will see him driving for RB next season.

i used to like mark and wanted him to win the championship, until he started acting like a little boy talkin sh*t about other drivers. i dont know about other people, but i prefer drivers who just shut up and drive and show how good they are instead of moaning and complaining that the team is being unfair to them. boo hoo! thats the world man, deal with it and win some races! :?

btw why did rosberg end up racing the backmarkers? did they not realise he was a lap in front of them? :?

+1

And it's now even more important for Alonso ( if he wins the title ) that he wins it by more than 7 points, which is highly unlikely. Maybe it'll be the closest season in F1, but again the little devils are there with team orders and flexing things. But it's worth for them in long term for sure, because people are of very short memory. Who cares now ( except few other people + me ) how Schu was winning it in 1994...Sad but true.

raymondu999

How exactly would they be able to heat up the engine from the pit wall? And I don't think they would risk damaging the car for the sake of getting Vettel as a champion
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Vettel being champion is far more important to Red Bull than Webber being champion.
Based on Brazil, I would ask the question wether being the drivers championship team is of importance to them at all.

Had Vettel finished second to Webber, Red Bull would still have Both in the drivers championship with a result far more positive for a Red Bull driver to be chamion than it is now.

As it is, I see the results in Abu Dhabi as

1st Webber
2nd Vettel
3rd Alonso

Which would make Webber the champion. But somthing rankles, I just dont see Vettel sitting back and I dont see Webber yielding. Another Turkey is on the cards methinks....
And Alonso will be there to pick up all the pieces.
David Purley

zeph

zenithbeach wrote:
i used to like mark and wanted him to win the championship, until he started acting like a little boy talkin sh*t about other drivers. i dont know about other people, but i prefer drivers who just shut up and drive and show how good they are instead of moaning and complaining that the team is being unfair to them.
Webber has not once talked sh*t about his team, Vettel or anybody else for that matter.

He carefully and diplomatically answered a few questions last week about the situation at RBR and emphasized that he has had the full technical support from the team.

Read the Q&A and get your facts straight, don't just repeat what you have heard on F1-bullsh*t.com

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87916
Last edited by zeph on 08 Nov 2010, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

marcush.

come on Schumacher in 1994...
Senna died that year and this is ,in my view the one thing devaluating Schumachers career and something that has hurt the guy very much over the years ..not beating him on the track to a championship.He had to make do with Hill,Villeneuve and Hakkinen all capable drivers but they not really had the class ...

komninosm

vall wrote:The Hulk spoiled the race!!! He let the Bulls easy and held Alonso and later Hamilton. Alonso definitely had the pace to put pressure on the Bulls, possibly with Hamilton not far behind. It would have been interesting race...
Damn I wanted to post the exact same thing!
(I'm not insinuating that Hulk did this on purpose of-course, it just happened)

Also, why did Hulk go so slow overall? They said he had dry settings and that made his fast lap for pole possible, but maybe he was the one with the semi-wet settings and the others had full dry? :?:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

marcush. wrote:come on Schumacher in 1994...
Senna died that year and this is ,in my view the one thing devaluating Schumachers career and something that has hurt the guy very much over the years ..not beating him on the track to a championship.He had to make do with Hill,Villeneuve and Hakkinen all capable drivers but they not really had the class ...
Hakkinen had the class alright, the other 2 I agree.

In the same car, Im of the opinion Hakkinen would be faster than Schumacher.
David Purley

komninosm

Ray wrote:Said it before, I'll say it again. Formula 1 has no frakking clue how to run a SC period. NONE. Whiting should be fired and so should anyone that is involved/been involved in writing SC regs. NO lapped car should be anywhere near the leader. SC should come out and pick up the leader, after everyone is behind the SC lead lap cars pit, then the lapped cars. They both (lead lap cars and lapped cars) get to have their own pit stop duels and there won't be any lapped cars ruining a 5 way fight for the WDC and won't ruin the WCC. Such. A. Shame. We had a fantastic race brewing when the SC came out, and the rules ruined it.

EDIT: Maybe not fire Charlie. He's a damn good race director 99% of the time.
Semi-true, I don't think the obligatory pit stop is the [only] way to go.
Also it seemed to me that many drivers keep ignoring blue flags. Don't they get a blue warning light on their cockpit or steering wheel? There should be so many penalties about it in the last few races that the race marshals seem to have given up about it.

zenithbeach

zeph wrote: Webber has not once talked sh*t about his team, Vettel or anybody else for that matter.

He carefully and diplomatically answered a few questions last week about the situation at RBR and emphasized that he has had the full technical support from the team.

Read the Q&A and get your facts straight, don't just repeat what you have heard on F1-bullsh*t.com

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87916
facts? LOL

i watched an interview where he clearly stated that vettel was an "average driver" with no considerable talent just like kova (now thats a huge insult if you look at how great kova is) and that his team clearly wants vettel to win. i dont have to remind you of the various comments he has made after wing-gate and turkey (for example), do i?

by the way, Q&A stuff is pure PR! hes obviously gonna sh*ttalk the media to save his ass. you have to listen to what he says right in the moment or minutes after some huge injustice happened to him.

as i said, i used to like him, so i have no reason to make stuff up.

ell66

Re: Button signs for Mclaren

Diesel wrote:
ringo wrote:All Hamilton had to do was come in before, he was asking to come in, It was the team that kept him out.

Jenson never had the pace. Hamilton put 10 seconds in him in no time. Putting Jenson in front of Hamilton would be a waste of time. He'll just be overtaken.
You didn't read my post. After Hamilton pitted and came out infront Jenson's pace was controlled, his engine was turned down. Logically it made no sense to have Jenson infront of Hamilton, so McLaren made sure the drivers were the right way round. Jenson would easily have jumped Lewis in the pit stops and he showed after the safety car he had the pace to stick with Lewis quite easily as they both chopped through the lapped cars to try and chase down Alonso.

Jenson was wing-man to Lewis, it was pretty obvious to see.

You will see what you want to see. You clearly don't see Button as a good signing for McLaren so will always see his results and everything he says as a negative. In your eyes Jenson's sucess is only through 'luck' and all year at McLaren he's been complaining about a lack of pace in a car you seem to think is able to beat the Red Bulls & Ferraris, when in reality it's only been third fastest all year.
lol what? stop guessing and mixing facts with reality.
jenson would of been ahead due to lewis struggline on the options, hardly a suprise is it? so the team brough him in and he duely opened up a 10 second lead! at NO point was it said jenson eased off or turned his engine down so stop speculating. He never had the pace to go past, and at the end of the race they were lapping at pretty much the same pace, albeit with jenson on the soft tire.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Most of what drivers say in the media is as a result of what is asked of them.

Very very rarely do you find a driver go to a journo to do some PR. See those media personell the teams employ? Not there for nothing.
David Purley

alberto222mx

I see a lot of criticizes to RBR for not asking Vettel let pass Webber, and the only thing in my mind is that the F1 fans would never be pleased. In Germany, many got angry with the order to Massa, and now many people want to RBR do the same. Come on, Do we want a good show? fights on the track? or we don't?
Personally I thank to Horner and RBR for giving us a final race in Abu Dhabi full of expectation, and with three candidates to the title.
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970

marcush.

F1 is a tough business and I´m not sure if someone can afford to leave opportunities on the plate..
If Mateschitz has pockets this deep I wonder how he will look back on 2010 not winning the drivers title when in 2011 Hamilton will walk away with the title...and Newey as he has before finds other directions more pleasing to his mind......