Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

marcush. wrote:in 2011 Hamilton will walk away with the title
:lol:
really???
More could have been done.
David Purley

zeph

zenithbeach wrote: i watched an interview where he clearly stated that vettel was an "average driver" with no considerable talent just like kova (now thats a huge insult if you look at how great kova is) and that his team clearly wants vettel to win. i dont have to remind you of the various comments he has made after wing-gate and turkey (for example), do i?

as i said, i used to like him, so i have no reason to make stuff up.
I'll be happy to retract my statement if you can provide a link to the interview mentioned above.

Yes, I remember Turkey and Wing-gate. I do not remember Webber disparaging his team or Vettel.

forty-two

Shrieker wrote:...but I have to admit chances of all the other 3 guys hitting troubles in one single race is not even %1.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but do you really think that the likelihood of an indicent ending the race for three guys is really that unlikely?

I'm not saying I disagree, but I would have thought that:
- Given the engine situation, and the high probability of one or two of the three pushing the others for perhaps more laps than they might have gambled on, this could easily lead to a DNF for at least one of the three.
- We've had many instances during this season alone where drivers have come together and taken one or both of them out. I wouldn't rule out such an event at Abu Dhabi, would you?
- What about a 1st corner puncture for one driver? We've seen that more than once this season.
- Other things that I haven't thought of yet.

Granted, all of the above is just as likely to befall Hamilton as it is anyone else, and maybe I'm crazy but I wouldn't bet the house against Hamilton just yet.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

forty-two

netoperek wrote:if Massa, Button, or even Vettel in this particular race, would have such long lasting temp problems as Webbo, most of You would probably call it Team Orders. It is funny no one considered this in such way. Most curious is WHEN Race Engineer told Mark that his engine is overheating and he will loose it for sure if he wont slow down... They kept telling him that when he was closing to Vettel - and closing FAST (about half a second each lap in some cases as i recall). As i said, if it was Massa most would be SURE it was team orders. You all know how much they love Vettel in RBR HQ and still no conspiracy theories around here? :wtf:
You know what, I thought I was one of the more cynical fans, but your bang on the money there, and it actually didn't even occur to me during the race. Perhaps the only way to awaken my conspiracy theory gland is to be watching races at stupid o'clock?

How easy would it be for RB to "tell" Webber that his engine was running hot, so he'd better back off for a few laps, co-incidentally at the same time that he was catching Vettel?

They could very well have done this specifically to ensure that their options were kept open at Abu Dhabi.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

zeph

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) Mark, could you feel anything with the engine, or was it just information from the team?
MW: Just information mate. Normally they don’t ring us up unless there are issues, so the phone rang… it’s never nice when they have to ask you to manage something. The safety car helped a bit but then very quickly it was back again the first lap after the safety car. I’m not in the best position to answer all your questions in terms of what it was but it was right on the edge apparently, but we got it home.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11491.html

nipo

forty-two wrote:
Shrieker wrote:...but I have to admit chances of all the other 3 guys hitting troubles in one single race is not even %1.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but do you really think that the likelihood of an indicent ending the race for three guys is really that unlikely?

I'm not saying I disagree, but I would have thought that:
- Given the engine situation, and the high probability of one or two of the three pushing the others for perhaps more laps than they might have gambled on, this could easily lead to a DNF for at least one of the three.
- We've had many instances during this season alone where drivers have come together and taken one or both of them out. I wouldn't rule out such an event at Abu Dhabi, would you?
- What about a 1st corner puncture for one driver? We've seen that more than once this season.
- Other things that I haven't thought of yet.

Granted, all of the above is just as likely to befall Hamilton as it is anyone else, and maybe I'm crazy but I wouldn't bet the house against Hamilton just yet.
Unfortunately, even though I'd love to see it happen, Alonso probably wouldn't have any issues. So even if the RBs screw up, Hamilton still has a very slim chance, if at all.

nipo

alberto222mx wrote:I see a lot of criticizes to RBR for not asking Vettel let pass Webber, and the only thing in my mind is that the F1 fans would never be pleased. In Germany, many got angry with the order to Massa, and now many people want to RBR do the same. Come on, Do we want a good show? fights on the track? or we don't?
Personally I thank to Horner and RBR for giving us a final race in Abu Dhabi full of expectation, and with three candidates to the title.
Fair but inaccurate. In both cases the sentiment seems to arise from the general dislike of favouritism within a team. Although the incidents themselves are opposite, you can say the underlying issue is one and the same.

marcush.

but hey ..RedBull has ruled out themselves from changing positions to win the title,did they?
If they think again and do that in the championship decider it would be a lot more cynic than everything Ferrari did in Germany...

zenithbeach

zeph wrote: I'll be happy to retract my statement if you can provide a link to the interview mentioned above.
i would love to but i dont have time to look it up on youtube when they always remove the videos within a day because of copyright issues :S maybe try using google? formula1.com should not be your only source of info, its very prescripted.
zeph wrote: I do not remember Webber disparaging his team or Vettel.
you must be joking? he never ever said anything negative or vented? :?

to be fair though, we all see different interviews depending on which channel we're watching. the one ive watched all year, i got to see a side to webber thats not very admirable. even at the brazilian race he mentioned how frustrated he is with the team because both drivers are taking each others points and alonso is gonna be the laughing third. (which i hope doesnt happen, id still rather webber win than alonso lol). and hes right, if the places were reversed im sure rbr wouldve told webber to let vettel past.

anyway, i gotta blaze to work! :D

kalinka

marcush. wrote:come on Schumacher in 1994...
Senna died that year and this is ,in my view the one thing devaluating Schumachers career and something that has hurt the guy very much over the years ..not beating him on the track to a championship.He had to make do with Hill,Villeneuve and Hakkinen all capable drivers but they not really had the class ...
I wasn't referring to his talent here as you think. I was rather referring to last race incident with Hill, and modified refuelling rigs...cheats and tweaks by Benetton and Flavio. People are indeed short of memory. Sure he get some of his titles beacause of his talent, no doubt.
And yes, Hakkinen had the class. Off topic sorry, just have to react. I'll not respond to it here.

Ray

Haven't seen one person bitch about Heikki moving over for Lewis in Germany when they were teammates, but everybody wants to bitch about Ferrari. Strange. Here we have Red Bull throwing away a WDC for one of their drivers and Webbo not doing enough to win it and Alonso WILL win it if the engine doesn't grenade. I'll bet 50 bucks.

Arunas

Ray wrote:Haven't seen one person bitch about Heikki moving over for Lewis in Germany when they were teammates, but everybody wants to bitch about Ferrari. Strange. Here we have Red Bull throwing away a WDC for one of their drivers and Webbo not doing enough to win it and Alonso WILL win it if the engine doesn't grenade. I'll bet 50 bucks.
+1 =D>

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

+2

^I'll easy bitch about that plus Timo Glock having a sudden but temporary loss of traction in Brazil 2008. But there is no point as Hamilton is a pseudo-god to too many and double standards will kick in.

No one ever raises David Coulthard moving over for Mika Hakinnen or Jaques Villineuve gifting Hakinnen his first win either. But when Ferrari do it, it's blown out of all proportion by overpaid word stranglers in the media like Eddie Jordan or Pitpass! :evil:

But I'll stop now as I'm not keen on going the same way as Brian Cohen. Oh well, always look on the bright side of life.... :lol:

Ray

I'm for team orders because every team member, driver, owner, and mechanic that's ever gone on TV or works in TV has said that team orders have been around since the beginning. To act like this is something new just grates my nerves. Like it or not, it's been a part of the sport from day 1. Always has been, always will be. I do prefer that one win completely on merit, but sometimes it just makes sense.

I thought the race was entertaining, just a shame that F1 still can't get a safety car period right. Having lapped cars ruin a championship battle is just mind boggling. Crazy. But, it makes good TV and what's better for TV than having a four way fight go to the last race. If anyone should be punished for influencing the outcome of the race it should be the rule writers in the FIA. Their backwards rules influence races/championships far more than a radio transmission.

Gatecrasher

Ray wrote: I thought the race was entertaining, just a shame that F1 still can't get a safety car period right. Having lapped cars ruin a championship battle is just mind boggling. Crazy. But, it makes good TV and what's better for TV than having a four way fight go to the last race. If anyone should be punished for influencing the outcome of the race it should be the rule writers in the FIA. Their backwards rules influence races/championships far more than a radio transmission.
When watching other series that allow the lapped cars to pass for "Lucky Dog" or to allow the front runners to race to the end without back markers it does make for better entertainment.

From a drivers viewpoint in F1 it may be uncomfortable pushing car/tires harder to open up a gap knowing that a Safety Car would eradicate any lead.

At the end of the day the sport is there for entertainment, so I do hope they change the rules, I only hope it does not stop drivers pushing to the max.