India to host end of year FIA Gala Awards Next year

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Agenda_Is_Incorrect

Re: India to host end of year FIA Gala Awards Next year

I don't think the need to show how much charity you do is the answer, but maybe the problem with all those posts.

F1 needs to make sure the business is done the right way and that no one is getting exploited in the middle of the process. Making donations would be nice, but not the fundamental answer to the problem and could be just a cover-up. People are getting explored? Give them a meal or something.

As we say where I live, it's something done only to British watch. Says a lot about that urge to tell in details about work that shouldn't be used to personal propaganda when talking about an ex-colony. Not saying all British are like that, but sure there is a part of them.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

Sanjay13

manchild wrote:......where the caste system still exists,......
manchild wrote:.... for the sake of rich and highest caste.....

F1 sucks.
manchild wrote:
How can anyone pretend that 7.5 million of starved per year in India isn't related to exploitation of lower cast population from those who make big bucks? You can't call such society normal. Indian society is the one with the worst social differences and segregation based on caste system. Nobility and slaves. What is F1 doing in such country?........

but the social system is simply horrible and deserves no respect. Instead of helping those held hostage of their lower caste origin to become equal and free members of Indian society, we now have situation that western societies trough F1 go with the highest caste, and by that spit on all Indian citizens of lower caste.
Typical western thought that the east still lives in the stone age .

Just reading those lines I can tell that you have never been to India .The Indian constitution bans caste based discrimination and that came into effect 61 years ago !

Thre are many ills that plague my cuntry but there is a lot that is being done . The government gives out food grains to below people powerty line for as low as 1/20 th of a dollar per kg . Free schooling with meals for children . In the most backward disticts of the country capable adults have assured work for atleast 100 days a year with fixed daily income.And there are thousands of people and NGOs working so that poorer people can have a better life .
I studied in one of the top private schools in New Delhi . After we had gone back home steet children were taught free of cost in the very same classrooms we studied in . The school hall basement was used to provide night shelter to the homeless and they were provided with food in the morning . Students voluntarily contributed money once a week to defray expenses .

If you look at history it was the British who turned the caste system into its worst form - divide and rule .

Those great men from the west you think of are rather beneficent beasts of prey .

Don't post about things that you are compleatly ignorant about

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOa-j8E-tI[/youtube]

siskue2005

Completely agree with Sanjay
I am from India too

it gets tiring here every year
First when Vijay mallya brought the f1 team, lots of people were saying "how can he buy the team, he should feed the POOR and look after his POOR country" etc etc

Next the same thing repeated when India got the race

Now its the same again

Actually i am offended by what manchild said
I am a Doctor working in Kerala now..... here for below poverty line people Health service is completely free, all the investigation, surgery , drugs everything is free of charge.
And Govt schools are free for everyone till high school levels here in Kerala.
And free meal for all the students who cannot afford it.

The caste system and its discrimination is almost abolished here for like 50 yrs now.
Moreover lower caste people(only those who are poor) get special prevallaiges here
They get special quota for all educational categories, and all Gov jobs
Its actually much preferable to be in the lower caste.

And i dont understand why people get worked up when India is going to host some international events?

You might heard of IPL (if not u are living under a rock)
Its run and owned by Indians, its a multy billion dollor cricket event....and all the players around the world are begging to join it

All in all its perfectly clear that India has money and can invest in all sorts of sports (which in turn will bring more money)

Before the British invaded us, India was one of the richest countries in the world. Even richer than Persia. When the British left we became one of the poor countries in the world! There are still Billions of dollars worth jewellery and artifacts in England which was stolen from us.

So in just 60 yrs of our independence we have developed this much, and we are actually fastest growing country even faster than China...and will become one of the super powers in near future

See this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_lis ... llionaires
Richest poeple in the world, Top 3rd and 4th the place is an indian :wink:

auto saibot

the birth rate is around 1770 per hour,it's a populous country where unfortunately death rate due to these reasons is high too..........but people should stop thinking of india as it was 60 years ago...............things are improving for the best, awareness and education are spreading like never before.

the matter of the fact is that INDIA is going to hold the INDIAN GP and the closing gala for 2011, love it or hate it (i love it), it's going to happen with the support of majority i think), and it is the key for spreading of f1 in asia.

Tim.Wright

I only hope they do a better job than the commonwealth games

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

CMSMJ1

Some skewed posts on this topic eh?

My favourites are the assertion that English aristocracy have any form of power at all. Amusing.. How do you figure WhiteBlue??

Also the invasion talk..yeah, but come on...got to love the railways and the united country (apart from the Islamic schism)

India is cool - I don't want to go there as I don't think I would get it. The fact of the matter is that there are awful conditions over there (and in China) as the gap between the poorest and the richest grows.

India might want to put things in space but if there are any people regularly dying from malnutrition then someone, somewhere has dropped a bollock and needs to sort it out.

Becoming a free and independant country is only part of the deal. You still have to look after yourself.

*risky opinion alert*

Most ex colonial places seem to have managed to have internal trouble and strife as they adjusted to self rule. How long it takes to come out of it is to be seen. Whether it will happen at all and prove to be better for the commmon man is yet to be seen.

I predict that in the next 50-100 years the balance of power will shift east. Also that the countries where all people are equally important,with healthcare and social justice as prime focus areas will become a minority as the rulers of the "new" world seek to rush into the future as if trying to make a point to the "old" world.

The losers are going to be the base level citizens of these countries. The rush for Nukes, for space, for UN power, for global reserves of minerals, energy and water.....all of this above the needs of the ever increasing population.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Roll on the Indian GP..it has to be better than the Commonwealth Games :-) I am sure it will be.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

GTO

I'm disgusted how people continue to play the human rights card whenever the news suits their agenda. I din't hear a peep from them when:
~Russian GP was announced - I'm certain there is unemployment & poverty there.
~European GP in Valencia held in the midst of a economic meltdown in Spain. With all the country's financial problems and near 20% unemployment rate they hold not just one but two F1 race events.
~In UK taxpayers loss on RBS was 15Bn USD; on Lloyds 3Bn USD
~new US GP site development despite 14 Trillion US debt or perhaps more.
They pretend to stand up for the poor & starving people of India when in fact they simply may not want F1 related or other progress & developments to take place in percived 3rd world type countries where there is extremely high pop. thus hunger & unemployment. I wonder if their concerns are racially motivated rather than true concern for human rights no matter the country.

manchild

GTO, I'm disgusted when someone writes that I'm not honest about my consideration for starving and dying ones! That's personal insult. Unless you can prove what you say that I'm really on about, than you have no right to say it!

I was merely comparing horrific starvation/death-rate data in India with fact that it will host most prestigious, glamorous, care-free western, milk and honey professional sport and definitely invest in it while one quarter of its own population is starving.

Just try think about it trough this - during holocaust, one of the most known evils in human history, which roughly lasted from 1938. till 1945. six million Jews were killed.

In modern India, 7.5 million people die from hunger and diseases every single year!

In 4 years of siege of Sarajevo during wars in ex-Yugoslavia, more than 1000 children were killed.

In modern India, 1000 children die every single day!

If someone innocent dies, that is a crime, regardless if dying occurs from execution of starvation by cruel segregated society such in the one in India.

No one even thought about sport during holocaust, no one thought of it during ex-Yugoslav or any other war, and I see no logic how any responsible government can waste a minute and a penny of it's time and budget while the annual hunger/diseases death-rate exceeds holocaust by 1.5 million!

I really had no intention to offend anyone, I've spoken for the sake of dying ones whose cries won't be heard during India's GP, and whose deaths won't even be mentioned in the news while GP results will, since they are considered as "normal", "common".

That is ultimate hypocrisy of modern world, and if those from India who object my posts are from upper caste, than I really don't give a damn for hurting their feelings. Lower caste dying ones don't have food, hardly a pc and internet connection to reply on their "India is improving rapidly" bs. That improvement will never have any positive effect on those who are dying as we speak, and the dying will continue for decades, because in India's society not every citizen is equal, and their sad faith is considered and filed as "normal".

How can anyone enjoy Indian GP, while behind the circuit fence, 250.000.000 people are starving, and 1000 children dying?! There aren't pit babes sexy enough to distract conscience of a decent person from that cruel fact. Who can enjoy such GP?!

Giblet

To be fair it is a very volatile subject and one that is out of context in this forum.

I don't think there is a lack of sincerity as I know you are more active than most which I can appreciate and relate to.

However in a country that is overpopulated, sensitive to famine (19 in recorded history), has horrible pollution, lack of work for the average person, a river so important to the country and so polluted that foreigners bathing in it become sick or even die, the fact that a GP exists or not is hardly a teetering point for the hungry in India.

In some parts of India, parents poke their children's distended stomachs with hot pokers and leaves as they believe this is the only way to alleviate the problem. This would not happen at all in a western society, and shows other fundamental problems that the hunger is a symptom of. Again, hardly something that a car race can fix or not.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

GTO

As I've asked before, if your true concern is "for the sake of dying ones whose cries won't be heard" I find it ironic that you follow F1 or any other motorsports & attempt to fight human rights on this stage. F1 & world human righs are on diverging paths.
~Why are you making your case on a Formula One forum?
~If your intention is not to offend then what is your intention? It certainly is not to inform because your info. is biased, skewed, lazy with little or no research done. Simply blaming the Indian govt. is oversimplification on your part.
~Do you expect all your human rights concerns will be answered within your lifetime let alone by this forum?
~Do you really expect F1 development & its pursuits around the world & in India to stop & resume only when all poverty, sickness & death is eliminated?
~Have you obviously have not been to India nor have you truly researched why the situation exists today.
~Your effors be of more use & effective on a political forum or by serving with a million or so human rights agencies.

manchild

They are going to organize it, right?

Ok, since that is the case, I've already made a suggestion on previous page, since it is a done deal, how those starving ones could really benefit from F1 GP held in India.

FOM and teams should donate their profit from TV rights to those who are starving.

That is something solid and possible if there's a bit of humanity and good will left among parties involved in Indian GP.

Everyone will see sponsors on TV just as without profit, the only difference would be that FOM and teams would donate it to starving population of country that hosts GP.

What is wrong with that? I think that would be fair, good and a sign of hope that western world still has some of knighthood left in what was once called a gentleman's sport.

mx_tifoso

We've been through something similar in the past, and this site is still not the place for it. Hence this thread will be locked.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.