Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marekk

Re: Kubica's Recovery

Today's operation full success - elbow almost 100% operational according to Morelli, all fingers and thumbs back in place :)

raymondu999

Fingers and thumbs were out of place previously? :wtf:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

Mikolaj Sokol -

Manager Daniele Morelli Robert Kubica confirmed to me in a telephone conversation that carried out the driver's elbow surgery today was successful. - Requiring great precision surgery was completed at 16:00 - the italian told me. - Elbow regained almost full functionality, as predicted by the doctors. Robert is conscious and feeling well, almost no postoperative pain feels. During the procedure thoroughly purified all the bones. Within four weeks under the supervision of Dr. Robert Riccardo Ceccarellego start full training program. So far in some areas had to be limited to passive exercise, now begin a more active workout. Doctors determined the outcome of the operation as a "total success". Without any complications have reached one hundred percent target, which was the restoration of full motion right elbow. Driver is now waiting a few days rest in hospital, after which return to the rehabilitation and exercise program. Immediately after waking from anesthesia it was clear that Robert is in great shape. Why? As soon as he opened his eyes, asked about the results of today's race
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

spiderek21

Is it true that he will not comeback in 2011?

http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/201 ... f1-in.html ???

Tufty

spiderek21 wrote:Is it true that he will not comeback in 2011?

http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/201 ... f1-in.html ???
At this stage it's probably unlikely, especially now Senna's hopped into the car: the team needs the money as much as a star driver, better to test Kubica over the Winter and give him the seat [if he's capable of making the most of it] afresh in 2012.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars, thinking "where the hell is the ceiling?!"

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

The best to hope for from Kubica in terms of F1 this year is probably a successful simulator test.

Donuts

I don't think it's a good idea to come back this year(not that I think it's even possible), especially with the status of development on the car. He will surely focus on simulator tests and test with the R30. Better to be 100%(if possible) at next years tests. He needs to be able to give input on the R32 as soon as possible, so perhaps he'll have some opportunities to test the development on the R31.
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

Coming into a team midyear is a no no. Talented as he is; I doubt he will be on the pace directly; and that could have the knock on effect of affecting his rep.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Tufty

raymondu999 wrote:Coming into a team midyear is a no no. Talented as he is; I doubt he will be on the pace directly; and that could have the knock on effect of affecting his rep.
And a struggling, heavily criticised team at that. Hopefully he can galvanise them again for next year, but given the state the team's in I have my doubts.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars, thinking "where the hell is the ceiling?!"

Donuts

The mind of Alain Prost.

PlatinumZealot

He has 4 months before pre season preparation and heavy training begins. Looks sorta gloomy...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

With Boullier's October deadline; let's talk worst case scenario. As I understand it Kubica has no 2012 Renault deal; just the "goodwill" of Renault transferring the 2011 deal across to 2012. What happens if he's not taken back by Renault for 2012?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MIKEY_!

If he is dropped by Renault which will only happen if he still hasn't recovered therefore he won't be in any condition to race (for anyone). I see possible testing role at Renault and race seat again in 2013. If they don't keep him as tester he'll find another seat for 2013. To early to say where though.

Jeffsvilleusa

Anyone know how his arm has recovered or what the extent of damage is?
Box! Box!

jamsbong

on hindsight, Kubica must be dreading his rally excursion. I love to see him race again competing against the best.

Renault is going through some unstable period. I believe they had a great car but wasted because lack of Kubica.