Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob
182
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Cupertino, California

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby beelsebob » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:24 am

komninosm wrote:I don't think you got anywhere, he didn't change his position nor you.

We didn't need to – we now understand why each other thinks the collision was $x's fault, and we can discuss any future incidents more sanely now. Just because no one was battered into changing their mind, doesn't mean it wasn't a productive discussion.

Giblet
2
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 am
Location: Downtown Canada

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby Giblet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:46 am

Some messages deleted. If you argue about 'fanboyism' your messages will be deleted.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Gerhard Berger
3
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby Gerhard Berger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am

beelsebob wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Seems like most people inside the sport of F1 don't agree with the stewards decision.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula ... 569488.stm


"You could argue all day about the rights and wrongs of the latest crash involving Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa but it was a 50-50 incident in my opinion," he wrote in his latest column on the BBC F1 website.

Most people being Webber and Coulthard?


to be fair, i think it was either Coulthard or Brundle said that they got a plane back containing alot of staff from the teams, and alot of them said they didn't understand why Massa got a penalty.

lebesset
26
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby lebesset » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 pm

beelsebob wrote:
Autosport Magazine wrote:Kerbs at the Buddh International Circuit are to be revised after Ferrari's Felipe Massa suffered two suspension failures during the Indian Grand Prix weekend.

LAAAAME!



laame ?

no , pathetic !

personally I loved those kerbs , didn't cause any problems did they
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

raymondu999
138
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby raymondu999 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:42 pm

I agree it's lame. But you're not quite accurate there. Felipe's suspension failures both came from the kerbs
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
182
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Cupertino, California

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby beelsebob » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:47 pm

raymondu999 wrote:I agree it's lame. But you're not quite accurate there. Felipe's suspension failures both came from the kerbs

I agree, but your way of phrasing it is off, instead, "Felipe's suspension failures both came from him driving the car in a way that caused lots of load to go through the suspension". If you crash into a barrier at Monaco, do you say "his suspension collapse came from the armco"?

raymondu999
138
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby raymondu999 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Well yeah, but indirectly it was due to the kerbs too.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:41 pm
Location: UK

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby Richard » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:54 pm

I think we are all agreed that those kerbs added an element of peril to focus the drivers' minds, and Massa failed to maintain enough focus which resulted in damaged suspension.

flynfrog
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby flynfrog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:14 pm

richard_leeds wrote:I think we are all agreed that those kerbs added an element of peril to focus the drivers' minds, and Massa failed to maintain enough focus which resulted in damaged suspension.

My fear with them is how long until they send a car airborne

beelsebob
182
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Cupertino, California

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby beelsebob » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:24 pm

flynfrog wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:I think we are all agreed that those kerbs added an element of peril to focus the drivers' minds, and Massa failed to maintain enough focus which resulted in damaged suspension.

My fear with them is how long until they send a car airborne

Massa hit them about as hard as it's possible to hit them, and no airborneness really happened, You need a shallower aproach to launch a car.

flynfrog
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby flynfrog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:22 pm

beelsebob wrote:
flynfrog wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:I think we are all agreed that those kerbs added an element of peril to focus the drivers' minds, and Massa failed to maintain enough focus which resulted in damaged suspension.

My fear with them is how long until they send a car airborne

Massa hit them about as hard as it's possible to hit them, and no airborneness really happened, You need a shallower aproach to launch a car.

I was thinking more of hitting them more head on perpendicular to the track.

beelsebob
182
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Cupertino, California

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby beelsebob » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 pm

flynfrog wrote:I was thinking more of hitting them more head on perpendicular to the track.

I guess I might believe that might launch them, but I'm struggling to imagine a situation with a car carrying significant speed in that direction.

flynfrog
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby flynfrog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:48 pm

beelsebob wrote:
flynfrog wrote:I was thinking more of hitting them more head on perpendicular to the track.

I guess I might believe that might launch them, but I'm struggling to imagine a situation with a car carrying significant speed in that direction.

a slight tap in the corner before the car snaps back the other way. Not saying its that common but I think there would be a safer way to accomplish the same thing.

flynfrog
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby flynfrog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Also I hope they dont plan to race bikes on the track those kerbs would be lethal

Diesel
46
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:27 pm
Location: ...

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Postby Diesel » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 am

There's plenty of run off in that area so it wouldn't be a massive issue if a car got some air. It's a hell of a lot safer than the curbs in Singapore, that's for sure!
"Unbelievable how silly this Formula 1 is these days, with this stupid overtakes."
—Sebastian Vettel, 2012 US GP




Return to “Formula One races”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Juzh, Proximic [Spider], zac510 and 14 guests