P.U.R.E Appointment

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
munudeges

Re: P.U.R.E. Appointment

For the amount of money pumped into BAR and its following incarnations it had the worst cost/performance ratio of pretty much any team.

He might have no credibility Pollock but he managed to get BAT to part with 500 million and get Mecachrome, Simon and others to commit to something no one has ever heard of before.

marcush.

that was Toyotas achievement no?

munudeges

Whatever team actually had the absolute worst cost/performance is irrelevant. The fact is that BAR/Honda/Whatever are up there, or down, as the case may be. It's simply not a trophy you want to be in contention for. You don't spend that kind of money to 'make it into the top ten in 'qualy' more often than not'.

xpensive

Craig Pollock is first and foremost a manager/promotor type, not a bad one at that, but where he got the idea he was cut out to run an F1-team is beyond me. Hopefully he has learned from that xperience, marketing PURE and leaving management to Contzen?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

matt21

I know the following seems to be fetched from far away, but maybe?

I was just looking at wikipedia and the only other language of the article is indonesian. I was just thinking if the backing for Pollock comes from there. Also the indonesian company Megatech owned Lamborghini from 1994 to 1998.

xpensive

PURE is suppused to mean; Propulsion Universelle et Recuperation d’Energie, eh?

Hmm, I wonder...doing a "Roesemary's baby" here, let's see now..

Peugeot Upsets REnault, perhaps?

Lurk

Well, it should be PULAA then: Peugeot Upset at Loosing Against Audi :mrgreen:

Giblet

Re: Pollock Returning to F1 as Pure Engines

Bump.

Anyone hear anything about this endeavor? I can find nothing anywhere. I didn't look that hard, but they don't appear to have a web page yet.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

munudeges

No idea. I turn up nothing and Pollock was very evasive in any interview he did give. I'm certain there is already one team who is going to use this engine if it actually turns up, but no one is currently saying anything.

scarbs

Gilles Simon gave a presentation at the IMSI show. It was mentioned in Race Engine Technology Magazine. He said the engine will be ready for Dyno testing July 2012. Adding the turbo and MGU will be at the front of the engine for chassis packaging reasons. the Turbs eRS unit will feed its power direct to the MGU and not through a battery to reduce losses.

xpensive

xpensive

I'll be darned, what if i was right from the beginnig, that the turbos will be in front?

WhiteBlue

Perhaps there will be variations until they find out what is best. If Newey confirms Gilles Simon's view of optimal packaging I would be inclined to accept it. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

scarbs

xpensive wrote:I'll be darned, what if i was right from the beginnig, that the turbos will be in front?
Mercedes provisional 2014 engine has the turbo at the back!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

scarbs wrote:
xpensive wrote:I'll be darned, what if i was right from the beginnig, that the turbos will be in front?
Mercedes provisional 2014 engine has the turbo at the back!
plenty of time to change should the need arise.

What are the pros and cons of either installation choice(front to back)?
More could have been done.
David Purley