Silly Season 2011/2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
godlameroso

Re: Silly Season 2011/2012

Shoot if that's the case, I too would have thrown my drink in his face. I'd just be sober enough to hold on to the glass it was in.
Saishū kōnā

ESPImperium

Its shown Lux in a bad light i think. And i do hope Sutil gets a ride in F1 now, Hispania is the only shout now, but if he was to nopw pop up in Norfolk i dont think many would be surprised as well. He used to race for that Technichal Team at another team, so he is known.

If he cant get a drive, a year in DTM twinned with a TD/RD role at a top 5 team will be ideal for him, as long as he can get some FP1 running. The team im thinking of is Mercedes, would they take the punt???

If he cant get a Caterham drive or a Mercedes drive, a year at the arse end of the grid is the only option, and id rather be in F1 than out or on the marjins.

Richard

Out of interest, will Sutil struggle to get a US visa? Was this an act that "involves moral turpitude"? Did it involve a dangerous or deadly weapon?

Fortunately Sutil has the cash to get a good immigration lawyer to put his case forward in the best possible way.
Crimes committed against the person, family relationship, and sexual morality, which constitute moral turpitude as it relates to visa issuance, include:

(d) Assault with intent to commit serious bodily harm; and
(e) Assault with a dangerous or deadly weapon (some weapons may be found to be lethal as a matter of law, while others may or may not be found factually to be such, depending upon all the circumstances in the case. Such circumstances may include, but are not limited to, the size of the weapon, the manner of its use, and the nature and extent of injuries inflicted.);
Crimes committed against the person, family relationship, or sexual morality which do not involve moral turpitude include:
(1) Assault (simple) (i.e., any assault, which does not require an evil intent or depraved motive, although it may involve the use of a weapon, which is neither dangerous nor deadly);
Bizarrely the document also says in relation to manslaughter ... "adequate provocation is defined to be only situations in which there is a threat of deadly force, or in which a person finds his/her spouse in bed with another person."

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86942.pdf

spadeflush

Sutil getting a Mercedes TD role is unlikely if this is true...

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... -mercedes/
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

mx_tifoso

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Abu- ... 36080.html

Summary: Abu Dhabi petroleum investment company,IPIC, owns CEPSA which sponsored STR last year but has since fired Alguersuari, so now it seems that they might get him into Mercedes. That's because Aabar is Abu Dhabi's financial arm, so it concludes that a test/reserve role might be in the cards if CEPSA were to replac Petronas as title sponsor.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

ALG to Mercedes seems imminent, although I do wonder what will happen to Sam bird.

Sutil on the other hand appears miffed Hamilton didn't show...
"it would have been a nice gesture if he was here"
More could have been done.
David Purley

mx_tifoso

The only clash of interests is that Alguersuari is heavily backed by SEAT, so a move to Mercedes would probably mean an end to that long term partnership. And one that hits close to home because it gives him plenty of work around the year despite the F1 commitments.

vall

back to the Sutil's trial. I just read Sutil was hugely disappointed by Lewis' non showing up. Lewis' father sent Sutil SMS wishing him luck, but nothing from Lewis. Sutil also claims Lewis chamged him cell phone number so that he could not reach him:
Hamilton, the 2008 world champion and McLaren driver, declined to appear as a witness in former Force India driver Sutil’s trial this week over the assault of Lotus team executive Eric Lux.

Hamilton was sitting beside German Sutil, 29, at the time of the incident, but the Briton wrote in a statement to the Munich court that he could not remember the details of the scuffle.

He declined to appear as a witness ostensibly due to the proximity to the launch date of his 2012 car.

“Lewis is a coward,” Bild newspaper quotes Sutil as saying.

“I don’t want to be friends with someone like that. If you ask me he’s not a man as even his father sent me a text message, wishing me the best of luck for the hearing. From Lewis, nothing. He even changed his number so I couldn’t reach him,” he added.

mx_tifoso

Please set up a separate thread for the Sutil case if desired, this thread is for team/driver pairings.

zgred

Narain Karthikeyan will drive the second HRT during the 2012 F1 season
autosport.com wrote:Narain Karthikeyan will fill the final racing seat of the 2012 season after he was confirmed at HRT on Friday morning.
:wtf: :lol:

bhall

Really? How many lives does this snail have?

For years, I've been wondering where my luck went. I guess he's had it the whole time.

Karthikeyan: "We need to understand that F1 is new to India, we hosted our first race only last year which was a resounding success. To build on that momentum, an Indian driver will certainly keep the interest engaged throughout the season. I am proud to secure an opportunity to forge a stronger connection between India and Formula 1 once again."

At least he seems to know he's not around because of his speed.

Sawtooth-spike

What a line up, A great test driver (not a great raver) and a driver who after 3 seasons is still slow.

Kathikeyan must be really well connected. Chandhok is a much better driver in my book. Shame that people like Kathikeyan as taking seats from "Real" up coming talent
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

gridwalker

So much for "Spanish national team" ... Narain, ¿hablas español?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

mx_tifoso

Narain, parles castellà o català? :lol:

Trailer23

Look the only reason that SNAIL is around is because of the financial backing he brings in from India. I can name a number of drivers out there who can out pace him any day of the year.

Old Man + Slow Man = HRT lineup for 2012