HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

wesley123
wesley123

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

hrt wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:
I don't care what battlebob or wesley123 think :)
+1

Im with the team 100%, nothing is easy and less in F1.
We already had that figured out.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

hrt wrote:Unfortunatly we are not going to be in the first test in Barcelona, but to wesley and this people doesnt mean that the team was lying or something like that just that they didnt pass the crash test and there is not time and money enough to done it before the 18.

Fortunately the team has fans that they will be always there and never will give up.
No one ever claimed the team was lying, only that they're always overly optimistic in what they announce.

hrt
hrt

True.

JayeOFarrell

“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

dice782

Failed all??? That's just speculation. The same article features in another associated website usually biased against HRT. Whoever wrote it cant decide if HRT failed all FIA tests or just 2 of the 16?

I take HRT's version it has more basis for being true and HRT even specify which parts failed. The body work is being built by A professional and experienced company. I guess garbage news is easier to sell!

JayeOFarrell

It is always easier to sell a bad news story. The truth is not rated very highly in public media unfortunately. I would agree with you.
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

hrt
hrt

they failed 2 of 16 and they couldnt do 1, that was Hrt said in Twitter.

marcush.
marcush.

sorry but HRT is in free fall in reality.

They have failed Rollhoop and Nose crash tests ,both parts were desigened and manufactured in house....as stated by Monococoque supplier Carbo Tech.
When suppliers are at pains to clarify they are not to blame officially ...it is certainly clear something is miffy .
With Eackeleart and others from the core group gone and Sala announcing the design department will move to Madrid ...it´s quite clear there is no operative design team at this time and tests have failed...asessing the chances to get that sorted in short time is easy...you need someone of the calibre of Kolles to get the car on the grid asap. Sala has to prove he is made of similar wood.
At best they could hope to get a waiver to run the old cars for the first 5 races and regroup

wesley123
wesley123

I agree with marcush.

HRT might be looking upwards mid season, by announcing they design their own car, have a new owner and move to a new base in Spain.

All great they have done that, but they discontinue Eackelearts contract, sack Kolles too, Willis left too a while ago already and they move to a new base in the middle of the off season, when cars are supposed to be ready.

They now have dug their own grave by doing so. Why the hell would you even move when you have cars to finish for the winter tests? cars who would barely be in time again for the wintertests, excuse me but that is just dumb.

Now with the 'loss' of Eackeleart they simply have no one to lead the design team, a team where the moral is already low and the team itself seems barely disciplined.

Do not get me wrong, I would love to see HRT become a worthy team but I do not see it happening, the way I see it now Thesan is trying to make some quick cash and will pull out the plug by the end of this season, probably selling it with a huge profit
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ivanmunio
ivanmunio

Hi everyone it would be nice to se all of you HRT Fans and followers from whereever you are ,, on the facebook fan page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/135980783152554/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/135980783152554/

dice782

wesley123 wrote:I agree with marcush.

HRT might be looking upwards mid season, by announcing they design their own car, have a new owner and move to a new base in Spain.

All great they have done that, but they discontinue Eackelearts contract, sack Kolles too, Willis left too a while ago already and they move to a new base in the middle of the off season, when cars are supposed to be ready.

They now have dug their own grave by doing so. Why the hell would you even move when you have cars to finish for the winter tests? cars who would barely be in time again for the wintertests, excuse me but that is just dumb.

Now with the 'loss' of Eackeleart they simply have no one to lead the design team, a team where the moral is already low and the team itself seems barely disciplined.

Do not get me wrong, I would love to see HRT become a worthy team but I do not see it happening, the way I see it now Thesan is trying to make some quick cash and will pull out the plug by the end of this season, probably selling it with a huge profit
I agree they should have kept Kolles, and things stable until the the car was delivered. Kolles wasn't sacked he was providing a service to HRT's owners probably on a per-season basis. Now HRT has new owners and wanted to move to Spain, Kolles infrastructure is based in Germany, so he is not going to relocate it is he?

Its not true that there is no one to lead HRT's design team, Since they discontinued Eackelearts contract, Jean-Claude Martens has been in charge and who HRT say was involved in the design of the F112 since the start.

I don't think things are really that bad as people are making out, HRT haven't actually moved yet the F112 is in Germany, they have a place in Valencia and plans to move to Madrid.

So 2 things failed they are minor things, HRT were late anyway. You might want to ask whats happening with Marussia/Virgins Tests?? No news from them and they started their car before HRT! Virgin are also leaving things too late with the crash tests.

It might be true that Thesan is looking to make a profit that's usually what investment companies do. Another way you could look at it is that Thesan are a cover for whoever is providing funding to HRT.

I just hope that HRT and also Virgin make it in time, so we don't have to go through the pain of loosing another team in F1
Last edited by dice782 on 11 Feb 2012, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

hrt
hrt

[
dice782 wrote: I agree they should have kept Kolles, and things stable until the the car was delivered. Kolles wasn't sacked he was providing a service to HRT's owners probably on a per-season basis. Now HRT has new owners and wanted to move to Spain, Kolles infrastructure is based in Germany, so he is not going to relocate it is he and he?

Its not true that there is no one to lead HRT's design team, Since they discontinued Eackelearts contract, Jean-Claude Martens has been in charge and who HRT say was involved in the design of the F112 since the start.

I don't think things are really that bad as people are making out, HRT haven't actually moved yet the F112 is in Germany, they have a place in Valencia and plans to move to Madrid.

So 2 things failed they are minor things, HRT were late anyway. You might want to ask whats happening with Marussia/Virgins Tests?? No news from them and they started their car before HRT! Virgin are also leaving things too late with the crash tests.

It might be true that Thesan is looking to make a profit that's usually what investment companies do. Another way you could look at it is that Thesan are a cover for whoever is providing funding to HRT.

I just hope that HRT and also Virgin make it in time, so we don't have to go through through the pain of loosing another team in F1
+1

In two years Kolles was not able to put the car before the 1 race and if we are not going to see the new F112 the 21 at Barcelona is because the new rules says that all the teams has to be able to pass the crash test before each pre-season.

dice782

hrt wrote:
+1

In two years Kolles was not able to put the car before the 1 race and if we are not going to see the new F112 the 21 at Barcelona is because the new rules says that all the teams has to be able to pass the crash test before each pre-season.
Yes that's another point!

At least the tub has passed. It would still be a good idea for HRT to continue testing with the F111 even if the data is useless, at least it will provide the new members practice and HRT can learn other things in the mean time, They could also observe what the other teams are doing and compare. I know it might cost money but they should just do it anyway

PlatinumZealot

They just have to add a few more layers of carbon, and an extra block of honeycomb just to get through for testing. They can redo and rehomologate the nose later during the season.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

marcush.
marcush.

oh cool ,I know Jean Claude personally ,we attended Claude Rouelles seminar a few years back together...I think that was in2007 or something ....
I´d love to see him bring success to them.