Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

in what way?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

raymondu999 wrote:in what way?
Seems overly complex to me.

This mentions that Mercedes are blowing the floor using the FW.... or something to that effect. Outlandish....
More could have been done.
David Purley

raymondu999

Mind you I wasn't denying it was wrong - I was curious as to what n_smikle's line of reasoning was.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aral

n smikle wrote:

Interesting but erroneous.
Why? It makes far more sense than 90% of the other ideas posted on this thread! :P :P :P

Schulteiss

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:in what way?
Seems overly complex to me.

This mentions that Mercedes are blowing the floor using the FW.... or something to that effect. Outlandish....
that is not the floor. It is the fluid valve, or whatever, and its in the nose. But nevertheless, I hardly imagine this could be made to work.There too many outside random influences that you can't factor in.

DCren

I think it works the same way the F-duct did on the rear wing. They used an air pressure actuator to open the air inlet flaps in the leading edge to stall the air over the wing only in the straights. To many variables to use it in the corners.
“It's not something that happens overnight. I kept saying that until mathematically things are impossible, I will keep fighting,” Michael Schumacher.

Rikhart

That article is not speaking about the merc system. It´s speaking about an invention some spanish engineer made based on the hearsay about the front f-duct.

DCren

You'll have to excuse me. I thought the topic was about Mercedes W03 preseason speculation. My bad.
“It's not something that happens overnight. I kept saying that until mathematically things are impossible, I will keep fighting,” Michael Schumacher.

DCren

Overall, from what I can tell the W03 looks a lot longer and sleeker. Very promising.
Last edited by DCren on 20 Feb 2012, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

twitter pic combo from Montmelo/CCAT/BCN
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

DCren

Sweet pic combo FrukostScones. Anyway can you get us the link to them?
Last edited by DCren on 20 Feb 2012, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.

skgoa

F1PuertoRico wrote:i found this interesting.... http://www.caranddriverthef1.com/formul ... automatico
Is this some kind of link spam?

DCren

Don't think so. Unless his account got hacked. Just a ridiculous concept if you ask me.

Mr.S

This is cheeky. Shakedown,Filming & now a Private test. Mercedes are said to have completed 300 kms with the new car. I have got a good feeling about this season. Like Brawn in 2010. Not like the two years where Mercedes were rumoured to have the fastest car without any effort even before the car was launched.

This year we are hearing about funny systems,missing tests & stuff.

A look at the number of laps completed ->

Ferrari -> 69 + 95 + 67 + 39 = 270 Laps.
Red Bull -> 54 + 97 + 96 + 50 = 297 Laps.

Still Mercedes getting about 20-25% of the distance F2012 & RB8 covered is better than nothing. No huge teething problems. They tested on more than 1 track,experienced a variety of corners & have definitely covered 60+ Laps. That is the good part. Every car or most of it has some minor teething problems & only Kobayashi & Di-Resta could do 100+ laps in the 1st day. So no more teething problem I hope.