2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 21-24 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999
138
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Postby raymondu999 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:30 am

CHT wrote:I was hoping Nick Heifield will be able to give some of his input this year. He was spot on with Red Bull a couple of years back.

There have been a couple of drivers such as d'Ambrosio and Buemi who have gone on trackside and had their views published.

And of course we have Mr. "He lost 50rpm due to using that different line" :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

banibhusan
4
User avatar
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Postby banibhusan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 am

raymondu999 wrote:And of course we have Mr. "He lost 50rpm due to using that different line" :lol:


Are you referring to Mr. Peter Windsor?? :wink:

raymondu999
138
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Postby raymondu999 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:25 am

I'm referring to Mr. "All cars are fast and all drivers are the best in the world." Also known as Mr. "Drain the G load" or Mr. "only move to the braking zone 100m before the corner" :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr.G
17
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Postby Mr.G » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 am

Ferrari and RedBull are back with the schedule on the second Barcelona testing.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

cirrusflyer
3
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Postby cirrusflyer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm

showcar wrote:A few shots I took at the test.
I must admit the times were not really a true representation as we all know, some funny stories with Vettel chasing Hamilton lap after lap, clearly to put him off the test.
He tried it with Alonso who promptly came into the pits and then Schumacher and Button did the same on the Thursday so full race runs were often altered due to traffic and strategic positioning of cars, thats my opinion anyway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73092712@N08/?saved=1
Force India were mighty and the car looked very well balanced


Can you write some more about those chasings? I dont get it. Plz!
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

analist01
0
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Postby analist01 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm

So how is Rosberg doing today, do we know more about there fuel, tyres and long runs ?

mix2mix
9
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby mix2mix » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Nice 12 lap stint from Nico

1:22.932 (50)
1:23.602 (51)
1:24.588 (52)
1:25.418 (53)
1:25.384 (54)
1:25.750 (55)
1:25.987 (56)
1:25.893 (57)
1:26.273 (58)
1:26.384 (59)
1:26.849 (60)
1:27.094 (61)
1:27.456 (62)

But still worry performance drop after two lap

siskue2005
100
User avatar
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby siskue2005 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 pm

LH:
1:22.888 (55)
1:25.923 (56)
1:25.732 (57)
1:25.490 (58)
1:26.824 (59)

Average 5 lap: 1:25:371

MS:
1:22.939 (50)
1:24.850 (51)
1:25.137 (52)
1:25.314 (53)
1:25.509 (54)
1:25.771 (55)
1:25.786 (56)

Average 7 lap: 1:25.072

Both were on softs.

[-o<

mozza_84
-2
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby mozza_84 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 pm

siskue2005 wrote:LH:
1:22.888 (55)
1:25.923 (56)
1:25.732 (57)
1:25.490 (58)
1:26.824 (59)

Average 5 lap: 1:25:371

MS:
1:22.939 (50)
1:24.850 (51)
1:25.137 (52)
1:25.314 (53)
1:25.509 (54)
1:25.771 (55)
1:25.786 (56)

Average 7 lap: 1:25.072

Both were on softs.

[-o<

i take it you know what fuel loads they are running

Metalrulz
-1
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby Metalrulz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:37 pm

15:06 Schumacher is losing about 2.5s in lap time across a 10 lap stint on a set of softs at present.

They are doing alot of laps on the soft tyres but don't know what are they doing to fix the degradation issues.

NonNewtonic
0
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby NonNewtonic » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Metalrulz wrote:15:06 Schumacher is losing about 2.5s in lap time across a 10 lap stint on a set of softs at present.

They are doing alot of laps on the soft tyres but don't know what are they doing to fix the degradation issues.


they are just sandbagging as its almost impossible to lose 2.5s in 10laps ots worse than last year's degradation

pocketmoon
1
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby pocketmoon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:19 pm

NonNewtonic wrote:
Metalrulz wrote:15:06 Schumacher is losing about 2.5s in lap time across a 10 lap stint on a set of softs at present.

They are doing alot of laps on the soft tyres but don't know what are they doing to fix the degradation issues.


they are just sandbagging as its almost impossible to lose 2.5s in 10laps ots worse than last year's degradation


As far as I can tell Schumi has done 7 stints on softs so far. Degradation/Average LapTime was (per lap):
0.32 / 1:24.88
0.25 / 1:25.5
0.53 / 1:25.26
0.47 / 1:25.04
0.56 / 1:24.95
0.38 / 1:30.19
0.36 / 1:29.54

NonNewtonic
0
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Postby NonNewtonic » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:33 pm

pocketmoon wrote:
NonNewtonic wrote:
Metalrulz wrote:15:06 Schumacher is losing about 2.5s in lap time across a 10 lap stint on a set of softs at present.

They are doing alot of laps on the soft tyres but don't know what are they doing to fix the degradation issues.


they are just sandbagging as its almost impossible to lose 2.5s in 10laps ots worse than last year's degradation


As far as I can tell Schumi has done 7 stints on softs so far. Degradation/Average LapTime was (per lap):
0.32 / 1:24.88
0.25 / 1:25.5
0.53 / 1:25.26
0.47 / 1:25.04
0.56 / 1:24.95
0.38 / 1:30.19
0.36 / 1:29.54


as you can see there is drop and gain in time

mix2mix
9
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Postby mix2mix » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Raptor22 wrote:I still think they're running lighter than the other teams. Melbourne will reveal all.


i think, you are wrong, this year Merc are good. Other, except ferrari are show just average pace, but first race will show all.

TheBaverianBasterd
-1
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Postby TheBaverianBasterd » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Raptor22 wrote:I still think they're running lighter than the other teams. Melbourne will reveal all.


They left all the ballast in Brackley.

I imagine someone was standing next to the telegraph machine in the pits at Barcelona tapping away new messages after each lap to Stuttgart to report on the good fortune they seem to be growing accustomed to.




Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests