HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ParanoiD

Re: Hispania Racing Team 2012

I guess this indicate that they are focusing on their structure this year in order to be best prepared before starting on their next year car?
Ay Carumba!

ESPImperium

Probably the best move for the team to be honest.

I hear that the move to their new HQ has gone better than expected and this is why they have missed the test. They are also trying to get the car updated in good time as well.

I also hear that they will have more sponsorship, Karthekeyn has onbly enough to get him to Canada, and is searching for more to get him to Singapore. The Incredible India deal would be a good one for HRT, and rumor is that there may be as many as 4 other spanish companies jump aboard, even tho the money would be better spent on employing more staff in Spain they want to use the HRT as their prime advertising hoarding.

The team will probably finish with this car at Silverstone as to updates, with a Monza spec being the only time they put anything else into the car.

Id recon that they will probably want to start designing the F113 in June/July so the chassis can be built a few months earlier than this years car so they can get the F113 onto the track on Day 1, Test 1.

element

I can only say I'm very disappointed.
There is only one reason, upgrades are not ready, again they are late to critical dates.

I hope reorganizations in La Caja Magica go well, but I take this one as a failure for them, tough to swallow for the fans.

ESPImperium

Some pics of them settling into their new home: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 45270a99bd

cbbcisace

Im disappoint too, but the team never said they would have its 1st upgrade package for Mugello, they always said Barcelona.

FrukostScones

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99142

:?

"testing? Nah, we never did it and never will."
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dice782

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

cbbcisace wrote:His name is Jose Segura Gallego, he was design engineer at HRT, but has got a new job at Lotus now.

:)
:o Really? I have been so busy lately I didn't even hear about this,

cbbcisace

Yep moved to Lotus in this month.

element

cbbcisace wrote:Im disappoint too, but the team never said they would have its 1st upgrade package for Mugello, they always said Barcelona.
Well, that's true, but as a fan, I was eager to see them testing new stuff in Mugello. I hope for some pictures to be leaked, if not, it's a long time until FP1 in Barcelona... :evil:

Trocola

On one side, I understand why are they doing this. The cars have been travelling around the world for nearly two months, and maybe they need them at the factory to test some things. On the other side, if they need something, that's testing.

But let's wait until Montmelo to decide if they are correct or wrong on this call.

Trocola

P.S: the thread name should be HRT Team 2012, because the team is no longer called Hispania Racing. They kept the "HRT" name because TV rights money

cbbcisace

Re: HRT 2012

Narain won't complete the season due to his sponsorship not being what promised, according to some stories today.

marcush.

I thought HRT was planning to evaluate KERS going into the Mugelo test as their original plan? they dropped that idea sometime ago..

ESPImperium

That plan has been dropped for 2 reasons;

* Getting the teams first HQ up and running propperly
* There isnt enough time to be gained on the package at the present minuite with KERS comparitive to Marussia and Caterham

Id suggest they will get the HQ up and running and the updates wirking at Barcelona. Then they will makew the car faster untill Silverstone, then go into the Silverstone Young Driver Test putting KERS on the car for a day as a test to see what it performs like. If favrouble enough it will be on the car for reats of the season.

They said they wouldnt run KERS this season, but i think they will starting from Hockenheimring depending on if there has been any freak results.

marcush.

I´d guess this is a budget issue as well?
you need to have the finance in place to dig into the world of KERS .

Let´s assume a Keraspackage is worth 0.5 of a second per lap if it works perfectly..but it willl set you back ,say 1million EUR to get it ,let alone make it work .

wouldn´t it be much more promising to throw 1 million EUr into an aero development step? Lets assume a days of aero testing is 50k
EUR -you could have a full week of research-given you have a working aeromodel avaialable...or you go straight to Windshear and do everything fullscale.That way around you may be able to cut on developm,ent time considerably.

HRT is behind over three seconds per lap ,so KERS is just too small a potential gain to warrant forking out 10%(or more) of your development budget...

ESPImperium

Id be lying if i thought it wasnt down to budget, asuming that a days testing costs €300k, and €150k for the build and tear down days, thats €1.2m.

Someone reported that the team has spent €1.2m on getting the factory up and running with the propper grade equiptment.

I think its down to budget and time in equal parts. As it took Virgin/Marussia 3 months to get everything from London, Manor GP and Wirth Research into their HQ at the tail end of last year. It will take Caterham a simmilar ammount of time this year when they go into the old Super Aguri factory. The cost isnt cheap as well, for a move or a start up it will probably be in the region of €5m at the top end.

HRT have done the move in arround 6 weeks with 20 to 30 guys and a few sub contractors as well. I think they are taking the 2 weeks between GPs to try and blitz as much of the move in done as posible and get it done as quickly as they can to an acceptable standard.

Ill give them another 6 to 8 weeks before things are perfect, or acs close to it.

Id recon that closer to the end of the year they will be where they should have been now. They are 6 months behing shedule. If they can get their final updates and the car as good as it can get for Silverstone, id then concentrate on the 2013 car from then, and get a full 12 dsays pre season testing on it next year. Its the only way they can improve if they get a full pre season under them.